Part 1: the beginning of a fresh chapter

I stared at St. Georges Park, as it became closer and closer. My first england camp. As the car pulled up, I stopped and stared at the marvellous building in front of me. For all of about 30 seconds, before my door was flung open by my driver with my bags standing beside him. "Thanks," I muttered quickly before jumping out and going up the ramp. Just outside the door was a guy with a camera and his hand out for a fistbump. "Hello Holly," he said to me. I flashed him a big grin before  giving him a fistbump "Hiya" when I felt his hand on mine, my heart raced. OMG. I wasn't dreaming. I was actually here, about to meet all of my idols. Omds.

As I stood awkwardly in the lobby for a few moments, looking at my surroundings, I was interrupted by a voice. "Ah, you must be Holly," a Dutch accent from behind me said. I turned quickly and saw Sarina Wiegman standing there, my new manager. That sounds so weird to say. " That's me." I smiled at her. "Lovely to meet you," she told me, pulling me in for a hug. I didn't even hesitate and hugged her back, which was weird for me, considering I was a very socially awkward person.
"Follow me," Sarina told me as she started walking.

"I've organised a meeting so you can meet all the girls." My heart was racing as soon as she said that. Almost like Sarina could see the fear on my face, she reassured me, " All the girls are lovely and can't wait to meet you." Although that reassured me a little bit that I would be ok, my heart was still pounding in my chest as we reached what I assumed was the meeting room. "You come in when you hear me say your name," Sarina told me before disappearing into the room. As soon as she entered the room, I heard all the conversations die down so they could listen to their manager. "OK, girls, welcome to camp. Hope you all got here safely and everyone's settled in. As you all know, we have a new player joining us this camp. Please bear in mind she's only 16 and is away from home. Please also remember you are a lot older and more experienced. Holly, come on
in. "

This was my cue to come in. I pushed open the door to the now silent room and saw 22 faces looking at me. Sarina beckoned me over to stand beside her. "As I'm sure you know, this is Holly Baker. Please make her feel welcome as I know you are a scary bunch." Sarina said, laughing along with the others. I cracked a small smile. She motioned for me to sit in the free seat up the front, beside Esme Morgan, who smiled at me as I sat down. I tried to smile back.

Sarina continued with the meeting, explaining all the training and upcoming games. She finished the meeting by telling us about rooms
" For this camp we will be rooming in 4's". Oh shit, I was hoping to be rooming with 1 person, if none. Not 4. " All the rooms are posted in the lobby, now go and settle in. Dinners at 6:30" Sarina said before exiting the room.

As soon as she left the room broke out into conversation. I sat there awkwardly before Esme turned to me. "Hi, I'm Esme" she said smiling widely. "I'm Holly" I said quietly before I was bombarded with about 10 different girls introducing themselves. " Girls" a voice that I knew belonged to Leah Williamson shouted as the whole room hushed and turned to face us
" Firstly I think she knows who we are" she said looking at me for confirmation. I just nodded my head. " So lets the kid tell us about herself instead".

Oh no." My names Holly Brooks. I'm 16 and I just signed for Arsenal". I said nervously looking at the ground. I heard a cheer from someone as I said Arsenal. " And you're English" Beth Mead asked, the uncertainty in her voice. I could tell what she meant. "I'm half English, half Irish so I sound a bit different" I explained still looking at the ground. " Makes sense kid" she told me. Leah, who could see I was getting overwhelmed, butted in. "Right ladies, let's go check which room we're all in" As everyone filtered out of the meeting room, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Lucy Bronze stood there. My literal idol.

"It's alot at first kid but you get used to it" she assured me, guiding me out of the room to the lobby I was in earlier. " KIDDOS WITH ME" I heard Beth shout. "AND ME" shouted an equally excited Keira Walsh. "God help me this week", I heard Alex Greenwood mutter. I presumed she was the fourth roommate. I could tell this was going to be a fun week.....

🤍A/N : There it is! The first part of my first story! Please remember this is my first story so it might not be perfect. I. Know its a bit of a short one bit I promise they'll get longer. If you have any suggestions or ideas please let me know! Also I'm irish so if some of the phrasing is a bit different I apologise! Love you lots, A 🤍