Part 3: Flashbacks

TW: mentions of death and abuse

As I entered the chill room, I watched the little group I had entered with break off. Alex went to Ellie, Keira went to Lucy, and Beth went to Leah. I stood there awkwardly before georgia, who was talking to Millie Bright, Rachel Daly, Esme Morgan, and Lauren Hemp, noticed me and gestured for me to sit down in the empty seat beside her.

I listened to their conversation about club games for a few minutes before all attention turned to me. "So  kiddo" Millie Bright, my literal idol, said to me "first call up at 16, you must ne happy" I composed myself and pushed the fact that I was talking to one of my idols to the back of my head, well maybe the middle of my head. "Ye, I have to say I am." I blushed slightly, "and I bet your family are proud," Esme said to me. I knew she had no bad intentions asking that as she couldn't possibly know what my family was like. The thing is, my relationship  with my family was far from perfect. In  fact, our whole family was torn apart and an utter disaster. Ever since mum died. I'll never forget that day

Flashback
14th January 2018

"When will Mama be home?" my little sister Harley  asked my father, who was tidying up after dinner. "Im not sure love, any minute now," he told her, putting away the last dish.

Me and my littlest sister Harper and I were rolling around on the floor  when the doorbell rang. " I'll get it" I shouted, walking over to the door. To my surprise, when I opened it I saw a guard standing there." Is your father home" she asked me "daddy come quick" i shouted into the kitchen, panicking. My dad came running out and stopped when he saw who it was " can I help you officer" he said, shocked at why a guard would be on his doorstep on a random Tuesday evening. He shooed me into the living room, but as soon as the living room door was shut, I put my ear up to listen.

"Are you the husband of Sarah Brooks" I heard her say. My father must have nodded because she continued "I regret to inform you your wife was involved in an accident today, resulting in her death". My mother was dead. Gone. I can't remember what was said after that but I remember clearly, like it was yesterday, my father coming in and gripping onto the counter. "Daddy" I choked out, tears falling down ny face. Dad grabbed the nearest object to him, which happened to be a mug of coffee, and threw it straight at me, followed by a sharp slap on the face. That was the start of the abuse.

For the next 5 years, he fell into a deep addiction with drugs and alcohol. He seemed to blamed my mothers death on his kids. Every day after that, there would always be something thrown, someone hit.

End of flashback

I was pulled out of my daydream by a strong hand on my back. I noticed all the girls staring at me. Oh god, I had tears streaming down my face. I looked up to see the hand  belonged to Millie Bright. Esme spoke first, breaking the silence " I'm so sorry if I triggered something kiddo" she said looking really guilty. Quickly, wiping the tears off my face, I spoke "no it's not you, it's grand, my parents were quite pleased" that was a lie. My dad didn't care, but I felt awful leaving my sisters with him. Luckily, before anymore questions could be asked, Sarina walked in to start the night. "Welcome to games night everyone" she spoke with a smile"just a quick reminder about family day on Friday" I stopped listening after that. I was dreading  Friday. I had asked Ellie to bring up my sisters, but I still had a feeling he  would ruin it. "Holly, were going to start with some quickfire questions  to get to know you better" I nodded.

"Club"
"Arsenal"
"Sexuality"
"Bi"
"Dogs or cats"
"Dogs obviously"
"Siblings ?"
"5 sisters"
"Favourite fruit"
"Strawberry"
"Idol"
"I have alot.... all of yous and some more"
"Favourite place youve been"
"Dubai or Bora Bora"

"Right girls times up" Sarina said as the 2 minute timer she had set for the questions went off. "Do you actually have 5 sisters" Jess Carter asked me "yep I'm the middle child," I told her nodding.

After a couple more games, most of which consisted of getting to know me, Sarina handed out cups of water  "we are going to play never have I ever. I know this game is played with alcohol but as you are all athletes and don't drink, water it is" everyone laughed.

"Never have I ever scored an own goal" most of the girls took a sip if their drink, including me.
"Never have I ever fallen in love" all the girls bar me took a sip "never been in love, kiddo."i shook my head and shrugged.

After a couple more rounds of this, and a movie was switched on, my eyes began to get heavy. Georgia, who was sat beside me noticed this and opened her arms for me to lay my head on her chest. Reluctantly, I agreed, and as soon as my head hit her chest, my eyes were closed. Much later that night, Millie carried me up to bed.

-------‐---------------------------------------------------------

Skip 3 days

My first few days had been a success, especially training. All the girls were very impressed and shocked by my skill. I sat beside Ella, who I had grown very close with over the past few days, to do up my boots to go training. "You going to Meg me again today kiddo" Rachel Daly joked, referring to the past 2 days I had megged her. I shrugged playfully "if I feel like it". Over the past couple of days, I had grown more and more comfortable, thanks to Alex who had stuck to her word and taken me under her wing.

As I stretched, I talked away to Keira and Leah, something I would have not done 5 days previous. "Right girls team A is Hannah, Millie, Katie, Holly and Alessia"

After winning against team B,C and D. I flopped down on the grass exhausted. "Come on kiddo, up ya get" lucy said offering me her hand. As I stood up, I realised how great it was to be here, away from everything. But little did I realise how I would not be saying that after what was going to happen tomorrow...

.
🤍 Short one tonight as had a very busy evening bit I'm hoping to get 2 if not 3 out tomorrow! If you have any suggestions please let me know. Also does anyone have any ideas for love intersests, remember they have to be young enough! I'll try update this as  regularly as possible. As always thanks for reading and love you lots, A 🤍