Part 4: reality hits

TW:abuse and mention of suicide

I was woken up on Friday morning by a pillow that was thrown at me from Beth's bed. Somehow, she expected me to believe that it wasn't her . "I swear it wasn't me," she cried after I accused her. I just nodded and turned back over, too tired to argue with her. "You can't go back to sleep," she cried. "It's family day." shit. I had asked Ellie to bring them but still had a feeling he would ruin my day. "Come on, they'll be here in 2 hours," an overly excited Beth shouted from the bathroom. I glanced at my clock. 8.30.

As I was eating my breakfast with a bunch of overly excited girls, my phone lit up

Ells❤️‍🩹

Your dad just drove away
with the two girls??
Was he meant to ??
I thought you said he
didn't know

Shit.
He wasn't meant to

Oh. This isn't going
to end well.
Seen 8.37

I swear to god, if that man turns up here today, I will lose my cool. He has already ruined my life enough. I let out a massive sigh and threw my phone onto the table, causing all the girls around me to look over, curious as to where the noise came from. "Yalright kiddo," Alex asked me from across the table. I smiled weakly to reassure her. "Your family is still coming, right?," she continued. "Oh, there coming all right." She looked at me weirdly before continuing her food. I couldn't eat anymore. The thought of seeing my father made me sick, and there was a pit in my stomach.

We all sat in front of the big window where all the cars pulled up. I had asked Ellie to come a bit later when all the parents were here already so as not to draw attention to myself. But now my father was coming. I was scared he would make a scene in front of the girls. And boy, did he do just that.

"The first cars here," an overexcited Georgia squealed. I was sitting in an armchair facing the door. Shit that was my dad. I stood up, my legs shaking, barely able  to hold myself up. The girls watched on, obviously expecting a sweet interaction. "Holly," my father shouted, obviously drunk, even though it was only 10. "What are you doing here?" I mumbled. I saw my 2 sisters standing at the door. "Now that's no way to greet your father, is it." He said, jabbing me in the back. " Don't touch me," I mumbled. "Oh don't worry, I'm not staying, seeing as you didn't invite your own father. I'm just dropping these little shits off.

That set me off." Do not call them that," I said, finally making eye contact with him. "I'm sorry, did you just answer back to me?" I'd really done it. He hit me square in the face. I heard my nose crack "security," Sarina shouted. Oh god, I forgot they were there. "Don't bother," my dad shouted, now turning to my teammates and manager. "I'm going now since I'm clearly not wanted here," he spat out. "No, you're not wanted here," my 12 year old sister Harley said. God, she's brave. My dad said nothing, just slapped her across the face. "You two have a shit day with your stupid sister and her pissy little teammates. I'll be in the pub. "That  was the last thing he said before slamming the door shut and walking outside.

I saw my 2 sisters stood there. I opened my arms, and both of them came running, tears spilling down their faces, aswell as my own. "Oh my babies," I whispered, picking up my 6 year old sister Harper. Harley clung to my waist. My teammates still sat there, speechless after what they had just witnessed. I sat down in the chair I had been sitting on previously. My youngest sister buried her face into my neck, with Harley clung to my side, squeezing my hand tightly.

Someone coughed awkwardly, making me look up. "Girls these are my two little sisters, Harley who's 12" I nodded my head to the girl snuggles into my side "and this is Harper, who's 6" Harper took her head out of my neck and gave them a  cheeky grin "You're the girls on my sisters walls" she spoke, referring to all the posters on my walls. Some laughed at that, and others were still too shocked to speak. Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms around me.