Chapter 1

My life wasn’t perfect but really who’s is. I guess I could use a little more adventure in my life. That didn’t mean I wanted to go to sleep and wake up in an enchanted forest. At least that’s what I think this place is. I mean, most Forest didn’t have books growing from trees. Yeah, you heard right in this forest books hang from the vines that hang down from the trees. I started walking after I got bored standing in one place.

I figured there was no use in waiting for something to happen, plus I hate waiting. Unfortunately, it just seems to be an endless forest that goes on and on as you walk. I was just about to sit down and take a break from walking when a voice from out of nowhere spoke up.

“You know, usually when people find themselves in an unusual place, they stay put.”

I glanced around, trying to find where the voice was coming from as I responded. “I really don’t care what others do.”

“Hmm, well, let me introduce myself. I’m Fairytale.”

A man with a black mask covering his face appeared out of nowhere in front of me. The clothes he was wearing were a suit made completely out of tree leaves. Each leaf was a different shape, color, and size. His mask had a smiling face on it, but I could see nothing underneath it, not even eyes.

“What the he-heart are you? Wait, heart, I was trying to say he-heart.”

“I’m sorry dear, there are no colorful words allowed here.”

I opened my mouth to say something else, but he interrupted me.

“Anyway Cecelia, or should I call you Cece, you're here because I need your help. What do you say? Will you help me?”

I gave him a blank look. “No.”

“Well then, I guess you’re stuck here. Have a great life, dear.”

On the last word, he disappeared instantly as if he wasn’t there in the first place. I just stood there, shocked, for a second before it registered and I started to yell.

“Hey you can’t just leave me here, you fu-fudge brownie.”

“Why not?” His voice asked, coming from behind me now.

I spun around and saw him bending over three books, examining them.

“Because I refuse to be left here.”

“So you would rather be anywhere but here? Hmm, if you had to choose between Cinderella, Rapunzel, and Tinkerbell, what would it be?”

“Tinkerbell, I guess why does that matter?”

He picked up a book and opened it, completely ignoring my question. “Sign here and I’ll get you out of here.”

“Finally.” I huffed, taking the pen that appeared in his hand after he said the word sign.

I wrote my name down on the line. My signature started to glow a green tint before it started to move. The letters uncurled and broke in half until it spelled Tinkerbell. Then the book started flipping its pages until it landed on a blank page. The blank page started to glow, and I felt a force trying to pull me towards the book.

“What’s going on?”

“You’re the new Tinkerbell.” Fairytale told me right before I was pulled into the book.

Seconds later, I found myself falling through the trees. Branches grabbing at me as I fell to the forest floor. I hit the floor of the forest so hard that I was practically seeing stars. Once I managed not to pass out, I slowly stood up. My whole body ached from the fall, but nothing hurt enough to be broken or sprained. I stretched before looking around me. I was in the forest again, but in this one there were no books hanging from the trees.