12 | A New Hiding Place

One Week After 

"It's been one week since famous fashion designer Gabriel Agreste has been declared missing. Search parties have been active for a week straight, but there seems to be no sign of the man anywhere. Officer Roger has called in the proper authorities and plans to extend the search to all of France. This is Nadja Chamack—"

Nathalie turned the TV off and looked at Adrien. She grabbed and squeezed his hand. "They'll find him, Adrien. Don't worry."

No, they won't. "Of course. We just have to have hope."

"How do you want your pancakes?"

The thought of food made him nauseous and he stood from the counter. "Actually, I'm not that hungry, Nathalie."

"Are you okay? Are you sick?"

Yeah, sick in the head. "My stomach just feels weird... after everything that's happened."

Nathalie nodded. "I understand. Let me know when you're hungry and I'll make you something."

"Thanks, Nathalie." As Adrien walked back to his room, a horrible smell filled the hallway and almost made him puke right then and there. His eyes suddenly widened and he ran over to the spare room his dead father's body was hidden in. He removed the key from around his neck and quickly unlocked the door. As he walked in, a foul smell hit him and he slammed the door shut.

Adrien lifted his shirt over his nose to mask the smell so he could tolerate being in the room. He re-lit all the candles and started spraying an air freshener by the door.

His father's body couldn't stay here anymore. A minute longer and Nathalie would definitely figure everything out.

Adrien had to move his body, but how? Where? When? Nathalie and Gorilla were home and it wouldn't be long until the horrible scent of decomposing flesh filtered to the rest of the very big and very large mansion.

With a quick thought, he pulled out his phone and called Nathalie.

"You know I'm right downstairs, Adrien," She teased.

"Nathalie! Can you do me a favor?"

"That's what I'm here for."

Adrien brought the phone closer to his mouth so his voice would be clearer. "Turns out I'm sick. I need medicine. Can you pick some up for me?"

"Oh course. What's wrong, Adrien?"

"I think I have a stomach virus. I threw up like three times already."

Nathalie turned off the stove and grabbed her purse on the counter. "I can pick something up, but without an appointment, it'll be a few hours to get your prescription from your doctor."

Perfect. "I don't mind waiting."

"Alright. I'll ask your bodyguard to take me." Unlike Adrien, Nathalie didn't feel comfortable calling him 'Gorilla', though he didn't mind.

"Thank you." He hung up.

With Nathalie and his bodyguard gone for a few hours, Adrien had time to find a new spot to hide his father's body.

He knew he'd need help though, so he called Marinette, and she dropped everything to get over as fast as she could.

"I'm sorry I keep dragging you into this," Adrien apologized as he let Marinette inside. He glanced at the door and said, "You know what, I'm going to get you your own key."

"Thanks," Marinette said with a chuckle. "And Adrien, we're in this together. So, any idea where we're going to move..." She couldn't finish her sentence.

Adrien shook his head. "No, not yet."

She looked over at the closed office doors. "Does anyone go in there anymore?"

"Nathalie does, but not as much anymore."

Adrien and Marinette walked over and pushed the doors open, and looked around for something deep and large to stuff his father's dead body in before they'd go and dump him far, far out of town.

Adrien got distracted by his mother's painting. He smiled at her picture, then sighed.

I killed her husband... the love of her life... what would she think if she knew what happened?

"Your mother is beautiful," Marinette said as she stood beside him.

Adrien jumped, startled by her sudden presence. He agreed with a nod. "Yes, my father always said she was the most beautiful woman in the world." He glanced over at Marinette. But I'm afraid my father is wrong.

Marinette blushed the longer Adrien stared at her. She went to say something, but bit her lip and stayed quiet instead.

Adrien looked back at the painting and noticed something weird. He leaned forward, eyes squinted, and reached his hand out. On certain parts of the painting, there were special and specific grooves, almost like buttons. "Marinette, look at this," He whispered.

The pig-tailed girl stepped closer and placed her hand next to his. "Huh, that's odd. It almost looks like you can... press it."

The two shared a look, both thinking the same thought. Each pressed a hand to the grooves and dug their fingers in as they pushed them. The floor opened up and they disappeared.