-'CHAPTER 10 ⤑HOUSE OF SPIRITS '-

CHAPTER 10´-
HOUSE OF SPIRITS

The man led them further in the auto body shop.

“You and John Winchester used to own this garage together” Sam asked.

“Yeah” the man gruffed “we used to a long time ago”.

The air mixed with sweat and oil, causing Evangelines nose to scrunch.

“Matter of fact, it must be 20 years since John disappeared, so why are the cops all of a sudden interested” he faces the three suspicions in his eyes.

“Oh we're reopening some of our unsolved cases, and the Winchester disappearance is one of them” Dean lies with ease.

“Uh-huh” he mutters, "well, what do you want to know about John”.

“Whatever you remember that sticks out in your mind” Dean smiled politely.

“Well” he starts “he was a stubborn bastard I remember that” a hint of fondness etched in his tone “and uh oh whatever the game he hated to lose, it was that whole marine thing, but uh he sure loved Mary, and he doted on those kids”.

Evangeline glanced at Dean, whose eyes flickered with emotion.

“But that was before the fire” Sam questions.

“That's right,” the older mechanic nods.

“He ever talk about that night,” Sam continued.

A pause “no, not at first, I think he was in shock” he rubbed his thumb over his clean shaved chin.

“Right but eventually” the younger hunter pushed. “What did he say about it?”.

Dean's eyes turn to his brother, giving him a look Evangeline couldn't decipher.

“Oh, he wasn't thinking straight he said," Uh, he said something caused that fire and killed Mary” the man's face painted with amusement as if the thought was so absurd. It reminded her of the cop's face. As she stood there, shaking in blood and tears, only for them to declare that she was in shock and not thinking straight. She knows what she saw, though. And meeting Sam and Dean only confirmed what her heart refused to believe.

“Did he ever say what did it” Dean spoke up.

“Nothing did it. It was an accident, an electrical short, in the ceiling or walls or something” he said firmly.

The trio all shared a look.

“I begged him to get some help, but” he let out a huff of breath.

“But what?” Evangeline asked evenly.

“Oh, it just got worse and worse”.

“How” Dean asked.

“Oh he started reading these strange old books. He started going to see this palm reader in town” he explained.

“Palm reader, you have a name” The older boys gruffs.

“No,” he scoffs.

ᥫ᭡𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

“So there are a few psychics and palm readers in town” Sam flips through an old record book. “There's someone named El Divino. There's the mysterious Mr. Fortinsky” Sam speaks amusingly.

“Sounds promising” Evangeline commented, sarcastically leaning on the car next to Dean.

Sam smiles nodding “Missouri Moseley” he continues reading off “some dude-” Before he could finish, Dean cut him off