[2] the glowing boy

"We are not shining stars,

This I know, I never said we are"

carry on; fun

𓆩♡𓆪

"Edith Starlight." The man sitting in front of the said girl started, the look in his eyes made her uneasy, "Homeschooled, yes?"

The girl nodded, unwilling to really say anything.

"Your schooling is impeccable, I see you're very advanced in most subjects."

The girl hummed, playing with the peeled back skin behind her nail. Avoiding eye contact with the principles' eyes.

He cleared his throat and leaned forward, placing Edith's transcripts on the desk, "Sadly though, we do not carry over the majority of these credits." The man paused, "Which means you will have to re-take some of these classes."

Edith groaned, finally looking at the principle, "Are you serious?"

The Principle nodded, leaning back into his chair.

The last thing Edith wanted to do was retake classes she's already passed. She sighed, throwing her head against the chair she sat in, letting the silence fill the room for a moment.

The red-headed man in front of her cleared his throat again, "Well, can I take you to your first class for today?"

The man had shown her to her locker, briefly explained where bathrooms were, passing periods and gave her a paper with her schedule hastily written on it.

The longer the man talked the more anxiety filled the girl.

The Principle had finally led her to her second period, explaining she had a free period for first.

So there she was, anxiety bubbling from her chest to her throat as the principle and her new teacher; Mr. Harris spoke. Mr. Harris muttering something about inconvenience.

The girl had tuned them out - her heart was hammering as she gripped her chemistry book between her arms. She felt as though she was going to explode. This would be the first time ever. In her 16 years of existence, that she would be stepping foot into a classroom. She gulped - imagining the stares of her peers and the dread that would consume her.

Even though physically Edith was strong, mentally she still felt brittle in many moments, this being one of them.

"Well Edith, it's not great you are joining us so late," Mr. Harris interrupted her anxiety filled thoughts, "But I hear your academics are incredible, so hopefully I will not need to catch you up on anything." He eyed the Brunette carefully.