[6] black eyes

"somethings in my mind and i'm focused on you

"somethings in my mind and i'm focused on you."

figure you out; djo

𓆩♡𓆪

That day Edith skipped class, all of them. She sat in the bathroom stall staring at her hands - hands that were once covered in her blood. Blood she bled for someone else, blood she tried to wash away, scrub away with all her might. All that was left now was the pink rash on her skin, a reminder of what it came down to. Blood.

Edith couldn't help it honestly. Blood was a reminder of pain, pain and suffering. Something Edith guessed the universe wished upon her. Instead of small cuts and bruises it was gashes and gore.

Maybe it was a bit extreme, throwing accusations out at the universe like that. But Edith didn't care, she was mad at the universe. The cards it dealt for Edith were in fact not kind, throwing her in with the wolves of life, seeing how she would manage. She managed just fine before she made her deal. She flew too close to the sun, wanting too much from the universe. So the universe threw her back down to the bottom of the chain. Back to the bottom of the pack, alone, with nobody but herself, and a cat.

Edith sat through three periods including lunch, staring. She had left her backpack in the gym, and she refused to leave the stall she now called her safe haven. Girls came and went, but Edith sat. Her mind running through many theories, why were her eyes black? Stiles knows now, does Matt? He seemed freaked out too. How'd she sense that girl like that? There were many things she needed to ask Alastor about. Which she never really did, she liked to pretend she was still human, that there was nothing she needed to know, nothing new about her. She liked to pretend she still had her humanity.

When the final bell rang, Edith shot up from her seat in the small stall. She booked it out of the school, she didn't want to come face to face with anyone anymore. Not even bothering to find her backpack she rushed out to Jackson's car. She probably would've had her backpack if she hadn't given up on her shitty locker, she was over unlocking and locking between classes

Jackson wasn't there, but it was unlocked. The girl huffed as her heartbeat sped up, her peers rushing to their cars around her. If she had known the car was unlocked the whole time she would've spent it in there instead. She brushed the annoyance off of her as she sank into the Porsche's seat, keeping her eyes down in an attempt to not make eye contact with anyone. Her eyes had gone back to normal long ago, but obviously she couldn't control it, so now her favorite view were her beat up chucks.

𓆩𝖘𓆪

Stiles Stilinksi didn't know what to think. Which was rare. Usually he was the first to jump to his conclusions, which somehow managed to be correct. He was smart, and he knew that. But this had him stumped.

Black eyes.

His mind was already a race track of werewolves, alphas, Derek, Issac, the creature Allison and Scott had seen last night, and why Scott felt Erica's seizure. There were those thoughts of course - but now, a new racer sped around the track: Edith.