Hyperspace

"There's definitely an increased Imperial presence now but it doesn't look like they're settling down here too much," says Cere. She and Cal are standing just inside the main door, briefing Merrin and Greez on what they observed on their way back when Ilyana returns to the common area

"That could mean their only interest must have been the other Jedi," Merrin surmises. "They may not be looking our way at all."

"I agree," says Cal. "I think we should head out now while their focus is still on the surface."

"That's a good idea," says Cere.

"Where are we going?" Asks Greez but Cal doesn't answer. He has just noticed movement on the far side of the room and turns to see Ilyana walking towards him. He smiles at the sight of her, cleaned up and mostly unharmed from the earlier scuffle but before he can say anything she walks directly to him and wraps her arms around him.

Merrin crosses her arms, satisfied that Ilyana is not trying to hide her feelings anymore while Greez is surprised that she would do something so openly. Up till now there had been no outward change in their behavior towards each other. The only one truly surprised by this was Cere. She had been concerned that they may be growing too attached but not in such a way as this.

Ilyana releases him and takes a step back and says, "I'm glad you didn't die."

"See, I knew you worried," Cal says with a crooked grin.

"Don't let it go to your head," she scoffs then bumps his shoulder with hers as she steps past and takes her rifle down from the wall. Without another word she heads back to the engine room to clean the dust and grime out of the rifle.

They all watch Ilyana leave but Cere is the first to turn back to Cal, her hands on her hips and a disapproving look on her face. She starts to speak but Merrin cuts in.

"When did this happen?" Merrin asks, not bothering to cover the humor in her voice and enjoying the incredibly uncomfortable look on Cal's face.

"Well..." Cal begins awkwardly but Greez cuts him off.

"After Abednedo," Greez cuts in.

"How do you know.." Cal asks but again Greez stops him with a wave of his hand.

"Don't ask," he says and changes the subject. "Hey, where are we going now? We gotta get moving before the Empire shows up here."

"Bogano," Cal says without hesitation.

"Bogano?" Cere asks. "Why?"

"I made a promise," Cal offers as the only explanation as he walks to the kitchen. Cere follows him and waits till he finishes pouring himself some water.

"Cal, this is a bad idea," she begins, urgently as he drinks, rather annoyed at how causal he is behaving. "It is dangerous for any Jedi to..."

"I know," Cal says, not hiding his concern. "Trust me. I...I know."

"Does she?" Cere asks, finally getting him to lock eyes with her. They stare at each other for a moment that feels like it stretches on for ages and just when Cere is sure he's going to say something more, he steps past her and joins Greez in the cockpit as the ship jumps to hyperspace.

The soft blue and white glow of hyperspace streaming through the single porthole barely illuminates Merrin and Cere's cabin but flickers gently off the gray walls and ceiling. Normally the glow is soothing, but tonight Cere can't sleep. She lies in her bunk, staring up at the platform above that supports Merrin's bunk. Too many thoughts keep moving through her head.