Chapter 3 - Forgiveness

Couple days later...

"Who are you?" Mr. Stubborn glanced at the young man standing before him. Realizing who he was, a shudder crawled down his spine.

"Hand over the doll."

"So you're one of her friends, huh?"

After you left the meeting room, your best friend had tried to stop you, but you had left, not caring. He knew you didn't mean it like that, but it felt like a punch in the stomach.

Nevertheless, he would get that doll back for you no matter what.

Before he arrived on the man's doorstep, Pardofelis had warned him that he was extremely stubborn and would significantly raise your blood pressure.

Mr. Stubborn laughed as if he heard a ridiculous joke.  "Why should I give it to you? I bought it with my own money."

It was true. He did pay for it with his own money, unfortunately. There was no way the snowy haired man could detain and imprison him through legal action.

"Be realistic. Nobody is going to buy a worn out doll for a million. It's dirty and almost falling apart." He attempted to convince Mr. Stubborn to lower the price.

"Hmm, I suppose you're correct. Who's going to have a million anyway? I'll just settle for nine hundred thousand."

Is this guy serious? The snowy haired man shook his head in dismay. "Besides money, what are you looking for?"

"Money."

He facepalmed in dismay. "You can't be serious."

"Oh, yes I am. In fact, Kevin Kaslana, if you don't give me the amount I need..." He pulled out something silver and held it still towards Kevin's neck. "I'll get rid of you."

Kevin wished he hadn't come unarmed. The shiny blade was inching closer and closer. An evil glint of excitement flashed in the man's eyes.

"Stop!" Kevin sighed, gripping the dagger. "Let's negotiate."

The two negotiated covertly.

Unfortunately, it didn't end so well.

...

"Eid Mubarak, Y/N!" A pink elf hands you a small gift. Earrings!

"Eid Mubarak to you too, Elysia." You smiled her. "These earrings are really pretty. Thank you."

"I knew you'd like them!" Elysia clapped her hands. You pulled a gift from your bag, and she grew more excited as she realized it was for her.

"Yay! Thank you so much, Y/N!" She looped the golden bracelet around her arm, and hugged you.

Today was Eid al-Adha and people threw a celebration in the Fire Moth Base. Parents brought their children along to commemorate!

You brought gifts for children and orphans. Kalpas cooked loads of food, ranging from appetizers to desserts.

"Heyy, girl! Have you seen Kevin?" Sakura asked you.

"No. He hasn't arrived yet." You said.

"Maybe he's running a little late?" Elysia suggested.

But the horizons grew darker and darker, and it didn't seem like Kevin was arriving anytime soon.

"Y'all, he's definitely not coming." You frowned, clutching a small gift.

"It's okay, Y/N." Sakura patted your shoulder. "We can have fun without him."

"Yeah! Let's pass the rest of these gifts out and spread treats!" Elysia said.