Prologue

It all started with my great-great-grandmother. When she was 30 years old she was banished from her original pack by the males after she was raped brutally by my great-great-grandfather. He convinced his pack she was a traitor who went off to another rival pack who wanted to end his pack. After she was banished she soon came to find out she was pregnant but she didn't want to just kill her offspring. So she fled as far as possible from her homeland as far as her legs could take her. Since that day on she has hated males with such rage she damned any male she saw in her path by killing them brutally without a second thought.

Soon after she gave birth to triplets. Three girls. Then she made herself a promise to help any female in her path and offer a helping hand when it was needed and that's how it started. She would only accept females in her pack and the pack slowly grew larger as the years went on.

To her first daughter, she gave the position of leader after she was old enough to take charge. After my great-grandmother grew old she gave the position to my grandmother and then when she grew old she gave the position to my mother and when I hit my 30th birthday that's when I'll be handed down the position of pack leader but that's nine years away since tomorrow is my 21st birthday.

I wonder what the future will look like when I reach the age of 30. That's when I'm allowed to find a mate to make the next heir to our pack according to my mother but I'm kinda scared for that day to come since they told me the second I accomplished getting a baby girl I'm supposed to kill the male I mated with which was brutal in itself but on top of that if I give birth to a boy I just have to give it away to another pack since males aren't allowed. Maybe one day this generational tradition will be ended.