Chapter 1: The unexpected Meeting

I woke up with the sound of my mother shouting in my ears with the biggest smile on her face as she pulled me from my bed.

"Raise and shine, my baby!" Cheered my mother as she dusted my coat off.

"Mom... The sun just came out. Why are you even waking me up so early? Not even grandma wakes up this early every day." I muttered in a groggy voice. I cleared my throat and stretched my limbs.

"Well, Rosula, it's your 21st birthday! Come on. It's the day when you'll be able to explore without boundaries!" Said my mother with a smile as she pushed me toward the elders' courters.

When I entered the courters I saw five of the oldest members of our pack and in the middle was my grandmother. She had scars over her left eye from a fight years ago before she had my mother.

"Rosula, sit down with me." Ordered my grandmother as she pointed to the spot in front of her.

I walked over to her and kneeled in front of her. She petted my head gently. Then she looked into my eyes with a serious expression.

"Rosula, when you go out there for the first time alone I want you to remember. Stay away from those monsters, okay? If they oppose a threat do not hesitate to kill them. We trained you well. I know you can kill." Began saying, my grandmother. Followed by my great aunt Flora

"Rosula, you've come from a line of powerful, strong women who protected us for years and you have to be like them." She said seriously.

"So, don't let them tempt you, we trust you to not talk with those beasts." Said my other great aunt Rosalia

"They won't hesitate to ravish you like a starved predator who found its prey." Added my mother from behind me.

"I get it. Males are evil. Bad. Terrible. I get it. I've seen members from our pack warning me and telling me their stories with males. I'll try not to fall into temptation." I responded with a smile. I was honestly excited about this newfound freedom of being outside without someone breathing down my neck.

"Now, you're dismissed and let us elders rest." Said my grandmother with a serious tone.

Before anyone could say anything I dashed out of the den with the biggest smile on my face. I was ridiculously excited for this but it was my first time being outside alone. I felt the grass on my feet and the warm summer air against my brown coat, my tail swaying from side to side as I ran. I sure wasn't coming back till midnight.

As I walked through the forest I felt a bit anxious but I shook it off with a smile. I saw small bunnies jumping around and my tail wagged even quicker. I walked towards the bunnies slowly and I lounged myself towards one of them. I held it in my hands as gently as possible. I petted it aggressively as I baby-talked it.

"Hey, baby! Hey, bunny! Hey friend! Oh, you're so stupidly cute!" I squealed.

A couple of hours passed and it was pretty late but not midnight yet so I wasn't quite yet going home. I walked towards the river the pack normally likes to go to mid-day when we get new pack members. The moonlight reflected off the crystal clear flowing river water. As I stepped closer I stepped on the peddles near the river which were cold and humid.

I stepped into the chill water and I felt it reach my skin after it got in between my fur. I cleaned my fur gently. I took a deep breath as I felt the dirt and grime getting washed off my fur. As I cleaned myself I heard something in the bushes which made me turn my head quickly to see what made the noise.

"Who's there?" I shouted aggressively. I was still in the flowing water which caused the noise to be more difficult to be caught by my ears.

Before I could step out of the water I saw a figure coming out of the bushes. The figure was muscular. Its fur is jet black from what I could notice from the moonlight of the full moon. Its yellowish eyes pierced my soul. It was tall. Much taller than me.

"Who are you!? Stay back or else!" I shouted as I got out of the water so if this thing approached me I could run.

"I'm Hunter. Nice to meet you." Said the figure in a deep voice. It took a step closer to me and I growled.

"Stay back! Don't you dare get close to me!" I shouted as I got in a defensive position.

"Woah, what got you so aggressive this night? I just wanted to say hi and get a quick midnight bath from the river." This Hunter guy said as he backed away from me.

"Get out! I'm not scared to kill you or badly injure you. Trust me." I growled in a hostile manner.

"Hey, hey, what is the matter with you? What is up with people in this area?" Hunter muttered as he walked around me into the river.

"What do you mean by that!?" I shouted with a frown plastered on my face.

"Ugh, what can't you see? You people are weird. I've heard of your pack. I can recognize one of you from a mile away." Hunter said as he washed his face.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I got less defensive as curiosity filled me.

"The female-only pack? Yeah, I've heard of your pack, where weak girls who've been hurt go to become stronger women. Who hurt you?" Asked Hunter with a brow raised.

"I wasn't hurt. I'm the daughter of the current leader." I said proudly.

"Oh, that explains a lot," Hunter muttered as he went deeper into the river.

"Look, whatever they'll tell you is true but not every guy you meet is like they tell you," Hunter explained. I wasn't going to believe that crap. I've seen so many women of all ages come to us telling me stories of how they've been hurt, abused, and even raped by their people or completely strangers from other packs.

My ears perk up in curiosity. I wanted to walk closer but I knew it wouldn't be a smart idea. I kept myself out of the river.

"So, what's your name?" Hunter asked. As he shook his wet shoulder-length hair.

"None of your business you idiot," I shouted angrily. I crossed my arms and fixed my posture to seem bigger.

"Hey, come join me." He offered me a hand from where he was inside the river. Hunter didn't seem like he wanted to hurt me but maybe it's just a trick!

"No. I swear, if I find you roaming around my women's den I won't hesitate to rip your throat open!" I shouted as a threat before I started to run away from him.

After a while of running, I made it back to my den. I entered the cave and looked around. Everyone was asleep and I started to sneak into my bed.

"Rosula, where were you?" Asked my mother from where she was standing with her arms crossed.

"I was exploring near the river," I responded.

"You seem nervous, did you see something?" Asked my mother as she took a step closer to me.

"I saw some bunnies. They were cute." I responded. Goodness, why was lying so hard?

"Okay, good. Go to bed." Said my mother seriously.

That was a close one. I walked over to my bed laid down gently and closed my eyes thinking of this Hunter guy. Who was he? Did he want to hurt me? He probably wanted to hurt me! But he didn't try getting that close. He backed away when I growled at him or maybe it was my brain playing tricks on me. No. I saw him. I heard him. I met a male that is against the rules if you're below the age of 30 in my pack.

I put my hand on my stomach and took a deep breath before closing my eyes and drifting into a deep sleep.

(Sorry for the bad writing. English is not my first language and this is the first story I've written on Wattpad. (T^T)

Word count: 1417