early stage Stockholm syndrome

(Time skip of 6 months) 

Satine only had 5 more months until she was supposed to return home and begin to, once again, lead her people. The two jedi and the duchess were staying on Naboo for the time being. Satine had requested an audience with the current queen, Sanandrassa, to explain their situation. The queen and Satine had been friends prior to this meeting through politics so the queen was more than happy to help them find a place to stay free of cost.  Sanandrassa granted them access to a large estate on a hillside for as long as they needed to stay. it was surrounded by flower fields and crystal clear lakes with warm sandy beaches. Sanandrassa Boarded a small transport ship to escort her dear friend and jedi guards to the estate herself. 

"It is nice to see you again, my dear friend Satine. It has been Far too long." "Yes, I suppose it has", Satine sighed. I have been kept very busy with internal Mandalorian affairs it feels as though I've had no time for myself in years" Sanandrassa took Satine's hand in her own, "believe me, I understand more than you know. As you may know my term is ending and I have served Naboo four long years. I am more than ready to retire to a quiet life and no longer be responsible for so many souls." "Oh yes, I have been meaning to discuss that with you as soon as I heard it was election year for Naboo. Are there any young men or woman that you hope will succeed you and follow in your footsteps?" "All three young Canidates would make wonderful monarchs for Naboo, A young lady named Charlidora Shenoa, a young man named Phometa Mariposed, and a young girl named Padme Naberrie. Each have their own qualifications and visions for the future of Naboo." "Then I wish them the best of luck and you as well for your retirement your majesty." And with that they had arrived.

Obi wan and Qui Gon hadn't done much talking during the short trip to the Estate. They preferred to observe. Obi wan was intrigued by the little details of Satine's life he could learn just from watching her interact with people. She was only nineteen yet she was so mature for her age it made him wonder if she had been able to have a childhood or if she was forced to grow up fast and prepare to take her father's place as his heir. Obi wan hadn't been able to have much of a childhood himself but it never mattered to him because he wouldn't trade it for the world. He loved the jedi order. It gave him faith in the galaxy seeing how the republic served the people and restored order and justice to the galaxy but he couldn't help but think, maybe, she felt that being the Dutchess was more of a burden than a calling. Maybe she just wanted to live a normal peaceful life and that's why she felt so strongly about making mandalore peaceful for her citizens. He was drawn out of his thoughts when Satine grabbed his hand gently and led him into the estate. The queen helped them get settled in, then left them alone to adjust to their new surroundings. Satine was still wearing her Mandalorian armor that she typically used while on the run but Naboo was a much safer than the backwater planets in the outer rim so there was no need for her to be walking around in her beskar'gam, she went to pick out a room and change into something else. Just as Queen Sanandrassa had told her, there were dresses of many different materials ranging in colors and lengths for her to choose from. She picked a simple floor length lavender dress with a white lace trim that came with a dark blue hooded cape, both made of satin. She pulled open the drawer on the wooden vanity that, to her surprise, was filled with jewelry and a few metal hair clips and head bands. She grabbed two golden arm bands and snapped them in place before grabbing a pair of white boots. It had been a long time since she could dress in something that made her feel professional and clean.

She walked down the stairs into the main room where Obi was sitting on the sofa watching the holonet and Qui Gon was in another room down the hall tampering with some ancient holocron he collected in a hidden jedi temple, on a foreign planet months ago. "I'm going to take a walk through the city. Naboo is known for their Art, and sparkling fruit wines, and the people here are so kind. I will not waste another minute hiding away from a threat that hasn't made a single attempt for my life in the half a year I've been on the run." Although she came off more aggressive than she had originally wanted to, due to some pent-up anger and exhaustion, from not being able to go about her daily life anymore, she was hoping that advertising Naboo's best qualities to Obi would make him want to go out with her and experience the joys that Naboo had to offer together. Obi jumped to his feet "No I'm sorry duchess I cannot let you go. It is my mission to protect you and I don't trust that we can walk freely without being identified and possibly found by the people after your throne." "I appreciate your concern, but you don't control me, and I can make that decision for myself thank you very much." "Saine no, why must you be so stubborn I know you're a duchess and your used to getting anything you want but I cannot fail my mission because your upset." "What did you just say to me?" "I'm just trying to keep you safe Satine" "Insulting me is definitely not the way to go about it." "fine go! Don't say I didn't warn you" Satine's heart twinged with guilt as she turned around walked out of the large wooden hand carved doors and didn't look back.

...

It was 6 in the morning. Bo had been up all-night crying to herself silently. Still, she held her face emotionless all day long Infront of her older comrades and Infront of Pre Vizsla. The abuse was getting to her. It was too much for her 14-year-old self to handle. She could never admit it to herself. Bo was sure she made the right decision. It didn't matter how rough Pre was with her, how much he threw her around or took his anger out on her. She thought this was it, the warrior tough lifestyle she always wanted. Warriors don't win battles by being pathetic and weak. Pre must have been harder on her than the rest of deathwatch because he saw something in her right? She would be lying to herself if she didn't also feel homesick though. She missed the food and sneaking out of the palace at night to run around the city and sometimes even outside the dome. She rubbed her eyes and stared getting dressed admitting defeat and realizing she wasn't going to get sleep so she might as well start getting ready for the day ahead of her.

She walked outside her tent. it was still dark outside, but they were camped out on Zanbar where, no matter the time of day, It was humid and warm. She walked into the training tent where she turned on the artificial lighting panels and started practicing and working out on the mat. This kept her occupied for hours. Bo had to be the best, it kept her going, She had to be able to beat everyone in this camp except Vizsla himself. Maybe one day she would even surpass him then she would be in charge. Sometime later he actually came in and joined her for a sparring match. 

Bo was putting up a good fight for her age but Pre was also going easy on her so she had time to display her skills. Once he noticed that she was getting tired he struck. Using a sidekick to weaken her stance then tripping her so she landed on her stomach. With a failed attempt at catching herself with her arms she bruised her elbows and ribcage. Pre knelt down beside her and held her down with his arm. He brought his head down to hers and growled in her ear "Verd'ika you have so much to learn." He grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her up until she was sat on her knees. She winced from pain since she got the wind knocked out of her earlier earning and eye roll from Pre. He wrapped his hand around her chin and pulled her face towards his. They were so close she could feel his breath on her face as he spoke. "You are one of my best warriors don't let Gar or any other di'kutla deathwatch member discourage you, they're just jealous." With that he got up and left her alone. Whatever Pre had just said to her felt good. Bo never got that kind of attention from anyone before. That reassurance was all she needed to forget the pain she endured since she ran away. Whatever she was crying about the night before no longer mattered.