Lydia's pain Episode 3

A week later after I had recovered from the pa!n, it happened again. The person had his way and then whispered to me that if I scream, he would k!ll me. As I laid on the mat that night, I was so frightened and in tears that I had to cover my mouth while crying. The following morning I told my uncle about it but he still didn't believe.

And then the following month my uncle was transferred to another state. I can say that I was the happiest person that night when he broke the news to us, adding that we were relocating together.

In our new house, we had three neighbors, each neighbor to their flat. Aunty Pat was the occupant of the flat beside us, not yet married and without children. She was in her mid-30's and was working in a reputable organization.
... I spat out the finger from my mouth. He screamed and immediately located the front door even in the dark, and then ran out. I rushed up and started screaming for help.

There was no light and I still didn't have a torchlight. Even if I was pressed at nights, I would manage to locate the outside door to use the toilet outside the compound.
And if there is light that night, then my luck. My uncle's wife never allowed me to go close to the toilets and bathrooms inside the house, I always made sure I empty my bowels before going to sleep.

My Uncle and his wife rushed out flaunting their room door open after I screamed, while my Uncle flashed me and then around the room with his torchlight that looked like the ones used by officers on the highway.

"Lydia, what is it?" He probed still flashing around.

I was too sh0cked to speak that I stood there visibly shaking.

"Speak up jor, ode (f00l)" My Uncle's wife yelled all of a sudden, jerking me.

"Will you shut up?! Can't you just be nice for once?!!" My Uncle quizzed but his wife immediately folded her arms and looked away.

"Talk Lydia, did you see a ghost?" My Uncle asked and then I managed to look at him.

"Can... I... please,... see... your fingers?" I asked in stutters but my Uncle turned and looked at his wife, and then at me.

His wife let out this laughter of m0ckery aloud, and then clapped her hands three times.

"I don't understand" Said my uncle but I begged him to do so and he agreed.

He flashed his fingers but I was confused, so I pointed at his wife to do so too but she said over her dead body will she do my bid. My Uncle had to force her to flash her fingers but their fingers were intact.

Aunty Pat liked me the first time she saw me, and she immediately noticed that I wasn't uncle's real child cos of how I was being treated, running errands and doing all manner of chores alone.

She would buy cookies and juice on her way back from work and would call me into her room to eat and drink.

I was now sleeping on a mat in the living room of the new house and like two months after we moved into the house, the unimaginable happened again, I was rap-ed. As soon as the person was done, he again whispered into my ear not to scream or I'll get killed. Oh, I wept.

The following day in the morning when Aunty Pat saw me, she noticed that I wasn't ok cos of my moody state. She took me into her house and gave me money, but I rejected it and told her that it wasn't because of money that I was that way. She persuaded me to tell her, and I did. She was shocked that she even broke down in tears and then, she told me what to do.

I waited for days, weeks and even months for the rapist to show up but he never did, and finally did 6 months later.

As soon as he mounted me that night, I grabbed his hand and I bit off his little finger...
"The finger! I bit off the finger, I spat it somewhere on the floor here" I said with my finger in the air as soon as I remembered, and then pointed toward the direction where I spat it.

"What? You did? So where is it??"

My Uncle immediately flashed the place, and then flashed around but we found nothing.

"But, there's nothing here" He said, and his wife laughed out again and then left for their room.

"Maybe you've been having a nightmare after all. Look Lydia, who else will come here to do such to you? This place is your home and you're like a daughter to me. God forbid that I have canal knowledge of my own daughter. " My Uncle said and then made me lie down on the mat, and then left for his room.

I couldn't even sleep, I sat up crying till it was dawn.

That early morning, I hurried out of the house and then went to Aunty Pat's flat to narrate all that had happened in tears. She was as confused as I was, but gave me some money assuring me that God will arrest the person.

The person never showed up again and about a year later, my Uncle finally enrolled me in school.

I came home from school one day to find my Uncle beating up this young man about 20 years old mercilessly, while his wife knelt beside them crying and rubbing both palms together, begging him to leave her son alone.