Lydia's pain Episode 7

"So you call her to tell her everything that's happening right? But, if you tell her or any other person including your grandmother how your Uncle, my husband died, I will remove this your t0ngue and roast it for you to eat. Dare me" She threatened and I was still standing there without a word, just tears.
She grabbed my hand and dragged me home like one who was caught ste@ling and on seeing me, Grandma asked in our dialect what was wrong.

"I caught her trying to run away. See the money she intended using for transport" My Uncle's wife said to my Grandmother, showing her the money she took from me and On hearing the lie she told, my jaw dropped in awe.

"Run away to where?" My Grndmother asked slowly walking up to me.

"It's a lie" I managed to say with a cracked voice.

"What?!" My Uncle's wife exclaimed, approached and started beating me, while my Grandmother too joined her.

I was beaten black and blue, but was rescued by one of Mama's neighbors who went on her knees begging them to please forgive me, and I was left alone. The woman got up and spoke to me in English never to try that which made them beat me up again and I nodded. She then paused all of a sudden and started staring at me. She pointed at me and then spoke to Mama in our native t0ngue.

"It's a lie" My Uncle's wife screamed with eyes glued to me, and that got me more confused.

Mama dashed into the house and returned with her shirt which she quickly wore on the wrapper tied around her chest. She then grabbed my arm and I was taken to this village clinic in the company of her and my Uncle's wife. I became more confused, and I concluded that maybe we were there cos of my ill health.

Tests was conducted and when the result was out, it was presented to my Uncle's wife and in summary, they both got to know that I was pregnant.

When we got home that day, I was beaten up by both of them again and also locked up in the store, and I wasn't given food for three days. My Uncle's wife was constantly coming to remind me that if I mentioned her son's name to anyone that he was the one responsible for my pregnancy, she would p0ison me.

While in the store room, people were coming to peep through the window just to see that little child that was pregnant, and I was mocked and laughed at.

I was tired and famished. I peed and pooed in that same room that I nearly started eating my own stool out of hunger. The whole place was oozing that people coming to watch and mock me covered their noses.

On the fourth day around 5am, I had a dream where I saw my mother stretched forth keys to me, and asked me to take it but I couldn't raise my my hand to take it. I jerked up only to find out that I was lying on my right hand and then, I started to feel this breeze coming in.

I looked toward the door and lo and behold, it was opened ajar...
I turned and looked left and right, got up, and then sneaked out of the room. I tiptoed to the front door, threw it open, and I ran out as fast as my legs could carry, ignoring Grandma's neighbor's dog who was barking at the top of his voice.

I continued running till the sun was up, and finally stopped when I got to this very busy express road when I felt nauseous. I hadn't had anything to eat for days, so there was nothing like food to spit out except this greenish looking liquid. Some passersby stopped to tell me sorry, while some walked past me wondering what could be wrong as they kept turning back their heads.

After throwing up, I continued walking to God knows where till I finally came across this woman selling cooked food by the road. People sat on benches behind her eating whatever they ordered from her, either swallow or rice. I paused just a few steps to her, and I decided to approach her when it seemed that my eyes were beginning to shut on their own, and when my b0dy too began to shiver.