50. happy tears

real life
(unedited)

July 20th, 2028

Connor had it all planned out. From the moment they woke up to the moment she said yes, (hopefully) he had every little detail planned. He had been planning this for a few months, last year he had started thinking about this but at Christmas was when his planning took place.

He had already had the ring for a while, he picked it out with his mom, his sister and Ellen Hughes. He had also called Chloe to check that it was the one. A girls best friend will tell you the truth when it came to a proposal.

He woke up that morning before Bella and stayed holding her in his arms with their dogs on the bed too. Bella had begun to wake up and she looked at Connor with the same look as every time before that.

"Good morning, handsome." Bella said as she kissed Connor, who kissed her back and also said good morning to her.

"We should take the dogs to the beach for the day." Connor said slightly suggesting. Bella's eyes widened at the idea, and she hopped out of bed and began to get ready.

It only took the two a total of fifteen minutes to get the dogs and themselves ready before they got into the car and Connor drove them to the beach. They were staying for the whole day, so they had a big blanket to sit on, and a picnic basket.

Bella found them a spot, and put the blanket of the ground. Connor put the basket down and handed Bella the book she brought. The dog's tails wagged as they practically begged their parents to go in the water. Once they got approval, the took off.

"This is fun." Bella said as she leaned against Connor and read her book. The dogs were taking a break from running around and were in the blanket as well.

"I'm glad. I have a whole thing planned for later."

"What is it?"

"I don't know." Connor said weighing his shoulder, but Bella begged him.

"Please tell me."

"We have a date later." Connor said like it was a regular thing.

Bella and Connor had been at the beach for a few hours now. They ate the food they brought, damn some water, played with the dogs, and made sure the dogs were okay and having fun. It's was a little later and Connor drove them home to drop the dogs off then they went to a restaurant.

The restaurant was Bella's favorite. It was a small chain restaurant, only in the Michigan area. So Bella liked going as much as she could over the summer. The dinner went well but now Connor asked Bella what she wanted to do.

Bella wanted ice cream.

And Connor knew she would want ice cream.

So Connor drove them to a small ice cream parlor by the beach, one of Bella's favorites. They sat down to eat for a little bit, then Connor suggested they go on a walk along the beach.

Bella loved the idea and skipped ahead in Connor but still held onto his hand. Connor had thrown out his ice cream a while ago and Bella's was finishing hers now. They walked to a trash can and Bella threw out her garbage. When she turned around Connor was on one knee, and held a beautiful ring in his hand.

What the fuck? He's finally asking!

Her mouth dropped slightly, but there was still a smile plastered on her face. Her hands went to cover her mouth and tears filled her eyes, happy tears.

"Arabella Hughes, I have loved you from the day we met, when we were both too shy to talk to other kids when we were twelve. I love you. I love you because you are kind, and beautiful, and sweet. And I love you because you're perfect for me, and I can be who I am with you. And I love you because you are you. And I always will love you. So, Arabella Hughes, will you marry me?" Connor said and Bella started crying, unable to say yes she nodded her head up and down and held her hand out for Connor to put the ring on.

Once her did that he stood up, put his arms around Bella's waist and kissed her. They pulled apart from there kiss and Bella asked,

"No ones here right? I don't want people to see me cry." Bella said making Connor smile and laugh lightly,

"Only a photographer. But no, i know you didn't want anyone here." Connor told her and she looked back at her. She only mentioned that one time.

"You remembered?"'

"Of course I did, baby."

"I love you. So much. If it wasn't clear, I'm saying yes." Bella said so she could see Connor's smile and hear his laugh.

"I didn't know that."

"Let's keep walking. This is sweet." Bella said and began to walk along the beach again, back to the car.

"Yes, ma'am." Connor said as he put an arm around Bella's shoulders and she held the ring up as they walked.

"This ring is absolutely gorgeous. Who helped you pick it out?"

"You don't think I picked it out all by myself?"

"Absolutely not.

"Wanna guess?"

"My mom?"

"Yes."

"Your mom and sister."

"Yes."

"My dad."

"He wasn't there when I picked it out. But I asked him."

"One of my brothers?"

"No."

"Maya?"

"No, the last one was Chloe." Connor said and Bella gasped in betrayal that her best friend never informed her.

"That bitch. She never told me."

"That's kind of the whole point, baby."

"I'm your fiancée. Be on my side."

"You're right. That's so rude of her." Connor said smiling to Bella, who smiled as well.

When they got home, everyone was in the living room. It was like they were waiting for the two.

"So?" Chloe asked and stood up.

"How could you not say anything?" Bella held out the hand with a ring on it and everyone cheered. Chloe crashed into Bella and hugged her for a good three minutes. Ellen, Maya, Jim, and Quinn hugged Connor, as did the twins. Chloe hugged Connor, then Jack and Luke, and Morgan.

"Thanks for not chickening out. I just won a hundred buck, dude." Jack said and patted Connor's shoulder.

Noah, Jack and Morgan's son started crying. He was only a few months old, but he already looked just like Jack. Luke and Chloe are his godparents, since they are the closets because they live together.

This summer was one of Bella's favorites. She was proposed to by Connor, she got to see her nephew, and her parents. She also found out her best friend is pregnant. So this summer was definitely the was she would remember for eternity.

Bella and Connor were in bed and Bella could stop looking at the ring. She was so grateful for everything, but now was the fun part, the wedding and the life she would have after that.

a/n:
so i lied when i said i would publish the last chapter. I am so sad guys but don't worry im writing the introduction and playlist now.

i'm trying to figure out what the vows will be but im not sure yet, maybe i will write the "i do" s then have a little jump in chapter one when Bella found out exciting newsssssss

i love you alllllll