Playground! (Knife, Suitcase, and Fan, cg OJ!)

“Knife, you excited to go to the playground tomorrow?” Suitcase asked, facing her partner while they both sat on their bed. “Y-yeah, I guess.” Knife mumbled, a bit embarrassed at his own excitement. “Dang it, better close the windows now.” The last piece to their polycule, Fan, said, moving from under the covers to close the cracked pane of glass. It was January, and the wind was blowing. It was Knife's favorite time of month. Maybe it was because of the cold weather. Or maybe it was how Suitcase lived it, and how he loved Suitcase. Or maybe it was because since nobody went to the playground in Winter, he, Suitcase and Fan would be able to go there without fear of public embarrassment. But then again, I'm just ranting, now back to the storm.

“Guys, we need to go to bed! If we stay up any longer, by the time we wake up it'll be too dark to go to the playground!” Suitcase exclaimed, checking the time. It was 12:00 AM, and so far nobody in the group was showing any signs of tiredness. “It's never too dark outside to go to the playground! We're adults now! We can go to the playground as early and as late as we want!” Fan said in contradiction, mostly exaggerating. Suitcase gave a playful smirk, saying, “Well, some playgrounds close at night so we wouldn't be able to get in. And plus, you're forgetting about the… BOOOGEYMAN!!!” She raised her arms in exaggeration.

Knife raised an eyebrow, “The Boogeyman? You know that doesn’t exist, silly.”
“Oh, but it does!”, the girl said, “If you go to the playground too late, then it’ll take you to its lair and make you do… TAXES!!!”. They all screamed. “I already do taxes enough!” Knife yelled. “Well, the only way to stop the Boogeyman is…” “Murder?” Fan interrupted. “Well, I was gonna say make him do the taxes, but I guess murder works too.”

“We're gonna murder the Boogeyman?” Knife asked. “WE'RE GONNA MURDER THE BOOGEYMAN!” Fan exclaimed. All three of the children completely big adults started screaming about schemes to murder the Boogeyman. Well, until OJ came in, saying “Guys, we aren't murdering the Boogeyman, wait why are we trying to murder the Boogeyman?”
“Because if you go to the playground too late, the BOOGEYMAN IS GONNA GETCHA! And when he gets ya, he's gonna make you do TAXES! And the only way to stop the Boogeyman is to make him do the taxes! But murder works too, so that's why we're trying to murder the Boogeyman!” Suitcase explained to the hotel manager. “Well, if you all don't go to the playground at night, then you all wouldn't have to worry about the Boogeyman, and the best way to not go to the playground at night is for you all to go to sleep. Now say goodnight and get yourselves tucked in!” “But we’re adults! Adults can go to the playground as late as they want and kill the Boogeyman as much as they want!” Fan protested OJ’s suggestion.

“Yeah, you three are definitely adults. Especially Knife over there.” The manager said, pointing out the sharp object, who was currently sucking on his thumb. “Oh come on, Knife! I’m trying to go undercover here!” Knife just babbled. “Well, now that we’ve established the fact that none of you are adults right now, let’s get ya’ll to sleep.”
“Okay fiiiiiiine, Mr. OJ Sir…” Fan said, finally tucking himself in the bed. Knife, being as small as he was, couldn’t really fight back going to bed even if he wanted to, and Suitcase liked following rules, so before they knew it, the three of them were all tucked in.

“Ojaaay, Can we’s do a bedtime story and lullies?” Suitcase asked the hotel manager, “Only one, okay?” Oj said, walking over to the group’s nightstand, picking out a nice book. But by the time he had came back, it looked like all three of them were sleeping, and in no shape to listen to bedtime stories. He smiled, putting the book back, turning on their moon nightlight, and whispering the children a goodnight.