CHAPTER 2: THE TRUTH CAME CLOSE

-MY- MELODY'S HOUSE, FRONT DOOR, 2/07/24, 9:24 PM-

My-Melody: Kuromi, Baku, I'm so glad you came to my Pre-Valentine's Day party!

Kuromi: Hey, I'm only here to eat whatever food you have here and eat it all.

Baku: Yeah! We're gonna eat that food faster than anyone ever could ~zona!

Kuromi: Quiet you.

My-Melody: Well, that's the thing, you two are gonna be making the food!

Kuromi & Baku: What?

My-Melody: Yeah, you guys are gonna be making soup and sugar cookies while I get the decorations ready! Okay?

Baku: We got it, Miss Melody ~zona!

My-Melody: Thank you so much you two!

-MY- MELODY'S HOUSE, KITCHEN, 2/07/24, 9:25 PM-

Baku: Y'know, I'd never thought you'd actually be willing to cook ~zona. I would've guessed you would've had me do all the work ~zona.

Kuromi: Well, I wanna try being at least a little bit nicer tonight. That might get me more popular than My-Melo!

Baku: Why don't you try just being nice without you being more popular than someone else ~zona?

Kuromi: Because my goal is to be more popular than My-Melo Baku! Did you forget about the whole point of what we were doing this whole time?

Baku: Maybe a little ~zona.

-MY- MELODY'S HOUSE, LIVING ROOM, 2/07/24, 10:02 PM-

Hello Kitty: Wow My-Melody, this party of yours is great!

My-Melody: Thanks Hello Kitty!

Hello Kitty: So do you know when the food will come?

My-Melody: Kuromi and Baku should be done with the sugar cookies and soup soon, but it would be best not to rush them.

Baku: We got the food ready!

Baku: We're done with the food Melody!

-KUROMI'S SIDE, KUROMI'S HOUSE, 2/07/24, 10:08 PM-

"Kuromi Note #9680: This is probably one of the worst days I've had yet. So, My Melody, for some reason, invited me and Baku over to her pre-valentine's day party to cook food for her. Baku was working on sugar cookies while I worked on the soup. At one point I thought the soup tasted bad, so I added some honey to it to make it taste sweeter. In retrospect it was probably too much honey. When the food finally rolled around, everyone tried the soup first since it was the healthier option. However, all of them were gagged and were repulsed when they tried the soup. I can remember all of the insults they hurled at me. 'This tastes gross!' 'Worst soup ever made!' 'My Melo could've made a better soup!' My Melody tried to defend me by saying, 'Everyone stop your comments! Kuromi worked really hard making this soup so that we could eat for the party! Even if you don't like it we shouldn't make such mean comments. I'm sorry about everyone's words Kuromi.' Why are YOU defending me? You're the one that caused them to think like this. I quickly ran out of the house. Shortly after, Baku walked outside to where I was sitting. He asked me if I was okay, but I didn't respond because I was angry. He then said, 'Y'know Kuromi, who cares what they say ~zona. Even if you don't cook well you tried, and they should've been able to recognize that ~zona. So please, don't let their words get to your head, alright ~zona?' When I looked at him, I swear I could see him blushing, though it was too dark to tell. The uncertainty made me feel fluttery, something I've never felt around him before. Sure, I've felt comfortable around him, he is my friend and butler, but I've never felt like...this. He then said he'll take me home and there we went. I feel strange now, I want him and me to stay friends, but my feelings are wanting me to be more with him now. I'll probably figure this out tomorrow, but for now I'm just not sure. Goodnight Kuromi Note."