6. Smother Him

"Sera." Aemond never woke Sera up. They kept their distance most of the time, something about being his brothers girl. But Sera was no mans girl these days. But him coming into her chambers she knew something was wrong. Her mind raced to her children as she got up, her silky night dress untwisting around her as she moved.

"The kids are fine." Aemond corrected. Sera relaxed moving to Renly's crib and scooping him up. He blinked tiredly back at her until he saw who it was then he beamed back at her, hugging her with all his little might.

"It's my father... the king is dead." Aemond informed her. Sera looked for any sign of distraught in his eyes or voice but Aemond was good at hiding things. He stared back at her, his face void of emotion.

"I'm sorry." Sera offered. "I know you werent close but he was your father."

"You are right." aemond agreed. "We were not close." Sera shifted Renly in her arms waiting for what was clearly more of a conversation. "We can't find Aegon."

"He's not here, he never is if I can help it." Sera corrected.

"I know that." Aemond assured. "But I promised mother I would check."

"Where did he go?" Sera questioned. "Do you have any idea- wait why do they care?" She questioned hesitantly.

"They are going to crown him." Aemond murmured clearly upset about this.

"Crown idiot Aegon?" Sera countered with a scoff.

"Yeah," Aemond scoffed. "Thats what I thought too."

"And he fled? Drunk no doubt. Dont let them find him, let him wander off to Yi Ti or Timbuktu for all I care. He isnt the heir." Sera remarked.

"My grandfather seems to think so." Aemond countered.

"Your grandfather is not the king, was not the king. Viserys named Rhaenyra-"

"Mother said he changed his mind in his dying breath. I dont see why she would lie." Aemond countered. "Her and Rhaenyra were getting along."

"Before you turned into a little bitch." Sera agreed. Aemond circled his head, rolling his eyes. A smirk appeared on Sera's face. "If they dont find him?"

"I become king?" Aemond offered. "It's a good plan B."

"Then lets hope they dont find him." Sera agreed before moving back to bed, Renly still smiling into her. "Wake me for your coronation." She requested before pulling the covers back up. "And close the door."

" Well, I must credit you for your boldness." Rhaenys seethed.

" House Velaryon has long allied itself with the Princess Rhaenyra and what has it gained you? Your daughter dead... alone in Pentos. Your son cuckolded. Rhaenyra's heirs are none of yours. It is your husband who grasps so heedlessly for the throne." Alicent reminded her. ''And even he has abandoned you: gone these six long years to fight a desperate battle, returning grievously, if not mortally, wounded, leaving the Lady of Driftmark to chart her course alone."

Sera had tended to the children had a wonderful supper and ignored the guards patrolling about. She moved to see if Rhaenys had left yet, wanted to beg her to fly them away from here. If Aegon was going to be king he would surely have an even bigger ego complex.

" The word of my house is not fickle." Rhaenys said insulted as she walked the room.

" No. But, dear cousin... you more than any soul alive understand what I say now. Princess Rhaenys, I loved my husband, but I will speak the truth we both know." Alicent begged following her to the window and grabbing her hands. 'You should've been queen.'' Sera stopped at the door seeing guards.

"Whats the meaning of this?" Sera questioned.

"I'm sorry my lady." Rumlow corrected. "The queen is speaking with Princess Rhaenys, she wanted a moment alone."

"Oh." Sera nodded. "I would like to speak with Rhaenys, please let her to know to find me when she has a moment." Sera requested. THe guard gave a stiff nod.

''I little thought to hear those words from you.' Rhaenys remarked softly.

''The Iron Throne was yours by blood and by temperament. Viserys would've lived his days a country lord, content to hunt and study his histories, but... here we are. We do not rule but we may guide the men that do. Gently... away from violence and sure destruction and instead toward peace." Alicent offered hopefully but Rhaenys pulled away from her storming the room with a groan.

''Ugh. Is it in the name of peace that you've imprisoned me? And what of my dragon?"

"Alicent, whats going on?" Sera questioned.

"Oh, Sear, I thought Aemond spoke with you?" Alicent countered as they sealed rhaenys door.

"He did but... Aegon really ran away?"

"They will find him." Alicent assured, Sera rolled her eyes. As if she wanted him back.

"That doesnt matter." She corrected. "Why did he run, he didnt know about the kings passing did he? I'm assuming you didnt tell him and then say night honey and leave him to run off- also they didnt care about Viserys- I'm sorry by the way-" sera added, she was all over the place but she had to many thoughts running through her head and they were all coming out at once.

"Thank you." Alicent answered.

"You were good to him, too good. I would never tend to Aegon like that." Sera admitted. "Sooner smother him with a pillow." She added and ALicent choked out a laugh. "Tell me whats going on? Something else isnt right, I can feel it."

"Nothing you need to worry about, just... dont run off." She begged.

"I'm not going anywhere." Sera assured. "Not without a dragon at least. It's the quickest form of transportation."