10. Queens

"I should take Meleys and patrol the gullet myself." Rhaenys told her.

''When we drain the Narrow Sea, we can surround King's Landing, lay siege to the Red Keep, and force the Green's surrender.'

" If we're to have enough swords to surround King's Landing, we must first secure the support of Winterfell the Arryn and the Storm's End." Rhaenyra reminded them

'' I'll prepare the ravens, Your Grace.'

'We should bear those messages." Jace spoke up and Rhaenyra stared back at him with concern. "Dragons can fly faster than ravens and they're more convincing. Send us." Jace begged.

"Where are you going?" Aemond questioned.

"I'm packing a bag."

"Why?" Aemond countered.

"Since when are you my keeper?" Sera sassed turning to face him.

"Since you became family." Aemond answered his tone dark.

''The prince is right, Your Grace.'' Rhaenyra stared back at her boys a long moment before agreeing.

''Very well.'' Rhaenyra agreed. ''Prince Jaecerys will fly north. First to the Eyrie to see my mother's cousin, the Lady Jane Arryn. And then to Winterfell to treat with Lord Cragan Stark for the support of the North. Prince Lucerys will fly south to Storm's End and treat with Lord Borros Baratheon. We must remind these lords of the oaths they swore and the cost of breaking them." Rhaenyra informed her council confidently.

"Storms end?" Luke countered. "But... Sera is queen, surely her father wouldnt stand against-"

"Yet he made a vow and needs to be reminded of such." Rhaenyra corrected.

"I know what your mother and grandfather have planned." Sera remarked. "It's a good plan but foolish. All of this was so foolish." Sera reminded him. Aemond shrugged. "I am the queen now, I dont need to take orders from anyone. But I will be gracious enough to listen to my council, but I'm right and they are foolish to think my father will care about you."

'' It's been said that as Targaryens, we are closer to gods than to men. The Iron Throne puts us a touch closer, perhaps. But, if we are to serve the Seven Kingdoms, we must answer to their gods. If you take this errand, you go as messengers, not as warriors." Rhaenyra requested her sons. ''You must take no part in any fighting. Swear it to me now, under the eyes of the Seven." Erryk brought their bible forward.

''I swear it.' Luke said putting his hand on the book, Jace hesitated before stepping forward.

''I swear it.' Jace agreed.

''Thank you.'' Rhaenyra said as Erryk stepped back. ''Cregan Stark is close to your age, then to mine. I would hope that as men, we can find some common interest." She told Jace.

''Yes, Your Grace.'' Jace agreed

''Storm's End is a short flight from here." Rheanyra remarked as Luke stepped forward looking out over the seas. ''You have Baratheon blood from your grandmother, Anise. And Lord Borros is an eternally proud man. He'll be honored to host a prince of the realm. And his dragon. I expect you will receive a very warm welcome'' Rhaenyra told them but she was nervous to send her boys out.

''Yes, Mother.'' Luke agreed. "I mean, your grace." He corrected.

"Get to it then." Rhaenyra told them and her boys headed off.

"I will speak with my father its merely formality, he will agree of course, I'm his daughter and me being queen will thrill him but it has to be me." Sera commanded.

"I will take you." Aemond agreed. "It will be faster if we fly and you know it."

"Fine." Sera agreed. "You want to go for a ride Romeo?" She cooed kissing Renlys little perfect face.

"Protect her." Aegon instructed. Sera glanced back at him, so much had happened, so much had changed between them. SHe didnt think she could just turn things around between them with a few kind moments between them.

"Just drop me off." Sera instructed. Aemond hesitated but agreed knowing Sera would put up a fuss otherwise.

"How will you get back?"

"I will make sure father obeys and I will stay. I will send for the children." She added. "Lord larys already agreed to send them along ."

"I do not think aegon-"

"Fuck him." Sera hissed. "Thanks for the lift, wasnt that fun Renly?" He nodded waving back at Aemond. "Get gone. Make sure my babies get here."

"I really think that as the queen-"

"I'm fine Aemond." Sera assured. "Fly away, your queen commands it."

Aemond of course hesitated staring back at them but of course Seraphina strut off, she was greeted by her sisters and the biggest of hugs. It was nice to be home.

''I'm Princess Lucerys Velaryon. I bring a message to Lord Borros from the Queen.'' He remarked as he got to storms end. They brought him inside and he built up his courage. This was foolish, he would never go against his own daughter.

''Prince Lucerys Velaryon. Son of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen''. They introduced and Lukes gaze went to Sera, she smiled back at him, Renly waved happily.

''I brought you a message from my mother. The Queen.' He corrected.

''Yet earlier this day I received an envoy from the King. Which is it? King or Queen?'' he countered smugly. ''The House of the Dragon does not seem to know who rules it. Does it daughter?" He looked to Sera. "My daughter is queen, I quite like that a lot better than your mother being some counterfeit queen."

"I-" Luke didnt know what to say as Sera moved closer to him.

"I will walk Lucerys out." Sera suggested.

"Good idea.' Borros agreed waving a dismissive hand.

"Your mother is foolish to think my father wouldnt want me to be queen." Sera remarked as they headed out, she kept him under the canopy, the rain fell around them but they stayed dry.

"I wanted to tell her that but she thought since... I'm supposed to have baratheon blood-"

"Supposed to?" Sera mused. Luke gave her a pointed look. "You have thick black hair like mine. I would say you are just as much baratheon as your father."

"My father." Luke agreed gruffly.

"Hey, dont go losing that smile," Sera requested grabbing his chin and lifting his face to hers. His smile appeared instantly. "What are you up to?"

"I have to tell my mother storms end sides with you." Luke remarked. "I should probably get home." Luke whispered not wanting to leave.

"I think we should go for a ride. Together." Sera countered grabbing his hand. "What do you think?"