𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
suggestions and clarifications !

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲suggestions and clarifications !

lexie was losing hope.

she had called luke almost four hours ago. she knew he was a busy man but still, she thought he could at least have the decency to leave a quick text.

she tried to just ignore it all together, the regret in her veins quickly wearing her down which made her fall deeply asleep.

and in some sick fucked up way, her brain decided to make her dream about her and luke. about them in a universe where they were actually happy and the unnecessary toxicity of their relationship didn't exist.

the dream startled her so bad it just made the sound of her phone ringing more terrifying. with a jump she sat up, breathing heavily as she desperately looked for her phone.

once she saw who was calling, her breathing stopped all together. before she had time to completely regret it, she quickly answered, bringing the phone up to her ear with shaky hands.

"hi"

lexie sharply breathed in, barely managing to answer him clearly "hey, luke"

"i was stuck at practice. i'm sorry" he winced, the lie falling through his teeth terrifyingly easy.

"it's okay. i kind of figured" she muttered, leaning back on her headboard to try and relax her body.

the pair of friends stayed in silence, neither of them knew what to say. it wasn't until luke really paid attention to her breathing that he noticed "you okay?"

"yeah. why do you ask?" she said lowly, trying to calm her breathing but it was proving to be a little difficult.

"you don't sound fine" luke frowned, at this point able to tell just by the tone of her voice her mood.

"i'm okay lukey" she assured, a small smile trying to make its way to her face.

they fell into a silence once again, the awkwardness stabbing them both on their chest and filling it with sadness. they didn't used to be like this and they both missed the easiness of their friendship "why did you need to talk?" luke asked with a little hesitance in his voice, not really sure if he actually wanted to know.

lexie breathed in, trying to find a way to express her feelings without sounding too dependent and crazy "i miss you. i miss us" she decided into saying, her heart beating wildly against her chest in anxiousness and anticipation "the us before everything. i know i told you to leave me alone but i miss you"

"i miss you too" he said quietly after a second, his mind still trying to comprehend what she was saying. he knew he had been in the wrong, he knew their falling out was his fault for his lack of empathy but he still felt like someone had jumped on his chest when she said she wanted a break. he was so sure she hated him, so to hear her say the opposite made a small sliver of hope start to build on his chest.