Chapter Forty Six

Nicholas Harrington

There are too many damn people in this city

I sat all of five intersections away from Neptune Cybersecurity, which also did tech development for various other things, but most of it was secret, and Adrian wouldn't tell me, so there was a zero percent chance of him telling the public. The building was built in Lower Midtown making it stand out more since it was over a thousand feet tall and shaped like a three sides shard making it look taller then it was. Height architecture was supposed to be a key thing with WGI since if one could make the base take up a lot of space and have it taper to look visually taller. Spotting the glossy black Vantage next to the curb I rolled up to it and parked behind Adrian's car.

He told me he'd be here I just didn't expect him to have parked so clearly in the open. All black cars weren't uncommon in New York but there was a certain way that the feeling of power came from them especially since the presense of what he chose to drive was often from the appearance, or how he'd specced it. Pocketing the key I pushed open my door and climbed out before shutting the door and locking it. That was when I watched two dark suited men with their right hand on their hip holsters walk out with Adrian not far behind as usual in a turtleneck sweater, and a charcoal grey grid stitched jacket and pants with black stitching framing the squares and white running a secondary grid around them.

I'd asked for his tailor list once, and I ended up with a list that required me to go to London, and Italy to get suits made for me, which as a billionaire I was smart enough to know I wasn't willing to pay minimum fifty thousand dollars per suit, and six for shoes. He on the other hand wished for excellence in everything, and was willing to pay for it. I also had a feeling that he liked the look of British and Italian made suits. 

I'd also never be able to tell him not too since he was like the older brother who made sure everyone was organized.

"Nico," he says calmly in only the way that a man who ran an empire could. I was proud to say that Harrington was the only competitor to WGI just because it meant that it had taken a quarter century for this company to get to the point that it was untouched. Yet it took Adrian all of a year to surpass everything that had happened before him.

"Adrian, did you know that if you're planning to hide the amount of influence you have, you probably shouldn't park a car that is clearly yours in front of a techbuilding," I say with mild teasing amusement and he smirks.\

"Who's to say that I was meeting you here, and I was just here before you because I took a less busy route, and drive faster then everyone else I know," he replies smoothing out the sleeve of his jacket, "this fucking thing is starting to not fit properly, I've lost sizing but I've gained weight again in my shoulders," he adds.

"You go to spar with Taz three times a week, and you can throw more then your body weight, of course you got bigger, and lost fat, you were seventeen one-eight-two and had oddly fast reflexes while playing polo. Now you're twenty with the same skills though probably more refined, and what one ninety-something," I comment pulling out my phone and turning on my private mainframe for connection so that I wouldn't have my phone try and connect to the servers here in this building.

"I'm eighty-eight kilo so likely. I also live in the US, and am from the UK," he says and someone goes to move but he gestures for them to stay where they were. I knew that he had security, and more then just a few but the fact that entire areas had eyes on everything when he or Olivia moved made it shocking that a stalker had even begun to get photos of him and her. 

That was also why both him and I were here, was because despite his intellect and ability to make things, he wanted me to partake in this exchange because there were few problems him and I couldn't solve together. Except for how Hunter Ambrose was even still alive after the jokes he's made for fifteen years.