Introduction Chapter

Hello, Helia here!

I'm finally posting a fanfic on the internet for the first time and I'm very excited! I wanted to post my first ATLA fanfic on the day of the series' release, like a little anniversary gift. I still can't believe it's been nearly twenty years since it came out. Not that I was around for that long, but you know. It's also a week until my birthday so I'd say it's perfect timing :]

Before we get started, I wanted to explain a few things about the book to avoid future confusion.

Firstly, I've changed quite a lot of things regarding the characters, their relationships and their personalities:

- As you can probably tell from the hashtags this is a Zutara fanfic, so unsurprisingly Zuko and Katara will end up together in the story, not Aang and Katara.

- Azula is no longer evil and doesn't go crazy, she's just an annoying little sister who wants her brother to stop being an idiot.

- Gyatso is still alive and so are the rest of the airbenders. The mass genocide never happened.

- Katara is older than Sokka by around 10 months.

- Sokka can waterbend! Just a little bit, though, and he's really awful at it, so he prefers not to.

- I've also turned every nation into a kingdom led by monarchy, but I didn't take away any of their cultural qualities as I did so! They still have the same traits, foods, traditions, clothing and beliefs as they did in the original series.

- Instead of taking away from the cultural aspects of the nations, I added to them, with inspiration taken from ancient Japanese, Chinese, Inuit and Tibetan culture. There are also going to be some mentions of myths because I'm a huge mythology nerd.

- The other changes seemed rather miniscule so I didn't want to add them to this list, but if you have any questions, you can return to this page and ask them here! Not in the middle of the fanfic though because I'll most likely not see them.

There won't be a consistent upload schedule (unfortunately) as I'm writing this whenever inspiration hits, so I'm sorry if there are large gaps between chapter releases. I will try to keep them as small as possible, but if my exams get in the way it may be hard to continue writing. I have planned out most of the first chapters, though, so I hopefully won't struggle with coming up with ideas for each 'episode'.

And as always, your comments mean the world to me! So while reading, if you want to say anything, don't be shy to comment, even if it's a small joke or statement. As long as you follow the guidelines and aren't a jerk we'll get along just fine <3

Without further ado, I now present:

Where The Sun Meets The Moon: An Avatar The Last Airbender Alternate Universe.