Why finding your purpose matters

Growing up I was surrounded by fixed-minded individuals. I wouldn't blame them because it is the security state of mind that had a stronger gravitational pull in their life's journey that led them to worship their 9–5 as a "need" not a "want" and this was a pretty common scenario whenever I looked around. So I thought to myself this was the norm and this is how you're meant to be living. Instead of chasing my life's purpose now I was chasing the rat-race dream!

You know how it all begins scoring the A's all throughout kindergarten to secondary just to be an elite for the job market. But how little did I know it was the dregs that win big in life compared to "paper" elites. Do you know why? Because it takes an endless passion, a burning desire, relentless amount of hard-work and a fulfilling dream to pursue a risky adventure with a high probability of failure coupled with a no-guarantee outcome of success!

It is these people whom later on makes their way to sit on the "board of directors" list in the same company that you've invested years of your rat-race effort just to find yourself serving below them! That's when you begin questioning life and find yourself using the "life is unfair" phrase more than ever with your like-minded individuals. I am here to let you know if only you understood the word "purpose" and why it is so important, today your life would be different!

Why purpose even matters? This is not an ordinary purpose you hear for your minute of meeting but it is your soul's purpose. Your true life's purpose. Your calling. What you are meant to be doing throughout your limited time on Earth should be your #1 priority from the day even you begin thinking. Here's why:

Pursuing your true purpose contributes a lot to your long-term success and a fulfilling life

What is success without fulfillment? As Tony Robbins always says:

"Success without fulfillment is ultimate failure."

You can be extremely successful but if your success does not fulfill your soul to its very core then you are definitely playing a risky game here my friend. A game that could result you enduring a "mid-life crisis" which initiates a lot from hard mornings that you have to force yourself to get out of bed. To turn off your alarm and drag yourself to work. Is this even a life you picture yourself to be living until your retirement age kicks in?

What if I told you today that you're one step away to saving yourself from this crisis? If only you knew how to make a living out of your purpose utilizing the abundant of resources available at your fingertip today, life would be different! Think about all the amazing individuals whom made history through their life-saving inventions. Now if I may ask you this:

Can they ever achieve that level of success if they didn't pursue and believe in their life's purpose?

I doubt so. Because it is through their life's purpose that enabled them to pursue a pathway which is often walked by a very few! It is a lonely, weird and scary road when you decide to pursue your calling. It is only you whom can see something that is not visible but just because you believe in it (your greater WHY) and choose to do something about it then it becomes a reality. Often times it is this reality that makes history my friend. As Les Brown says:

"When your why is big enough you will find your how."

When your purpose serves a greater meaning beyond yourself then you wouldn't find yourself dreading to get out of bed every morning. You wouldn't find yourself having "Monday blues." You wouldn't invest more than half of your day just in the name of "paying your bills" or even to secure a "car" and a "house." This is where 90% of the world's population fit into!

Instead pursuing your life's purpose should be exciting. It should be the "alarm" that gets you out of your bed every morning. It should be the driving factor that pushes you forward despite the countless amount of setback and failure you would face. It should be the reason you tap into your unlimited potential and serve the world for the greater good. It should be the reason you find yourself on a ticking clock journey where every second matters.

When your why is strong enough no matter what comes into your way you have your eyes on your end goal. You are not someone whom is easily bought by a promotion. Through a salary increment. Through bonuses. Through better quality of life and et cetera. When pursuing your life's purpose you are not someone whom can be easily influenced or drifted just to serve someone else's dream!

Before I leave let me share this with you:

It is the greatest gift of life one can pursue their purpose that fulfills their soul, to make a living out of it, to achieve massive success from it and to serve the world for a greater good using their purpose!

Yours, Asrajjit Kaur