*9*

-Time skip, when Toge gets diagnosed-

Toge Inumaki POV

I waited in the waiting area with Yuta, he held my hand because I was pretty scared of what the results would show.

The doctor went to me and asked me to go with him to the examining room, I nodded and followed him, not letting go of Yuta's hand.

"Please have a seat." The doctor said and pointed towards the chairs. We sat down, the doctor on the other side of the table. He got the papers out and my heart beat goes faster with anxiety.

The doctor sighed frustrated and looked at me with a sorry look in his eyes. "I'm very sorry mister Inumaki, but I need to inform you that you have lung cancer at stage 3." The doctor said.

My heart stopped for a second, I looked at Yuta, his face went pale too. "D-does that mean that I'm going to die?" I asked with a shaky breath.

"You're still young and have a healthy body except for the cancer, if we start treatment immediately we could make it happen that you wont die. But I'm afraid, I can't guarantee you that you'll survive." The doctor explained.

Yuta squeezed my hand. "He's only 17 years old! How can it be possible that he's having lung cancer!? He's not even smoking or anything else!" Yuta said frustrated, he got a bit louder. His eyes shows pure concern and fear.

"Please calm down. I know that it's hard to hear something like this and I wish I wouldn't need to say this, but we don't really know how Inumaki-kun got lung cancer. He's had it for a long time now, my assumption is that it's because he was passively smoking all his life due to his parents." The doctor said calmly and with sympathy.

Yuta tried to calm down but it was written all over his face that it hurts him as much as it hurts me.

"When will treatment start? I'm not getting hospitalized am I?" I asked the doctor, my voice is still shaky.

"We'll start tomorrow immediately, as sooner as better is the outcome. For now you won't be hospitalized." Doctor Hugo said, i nodded.

The doctor gave me a little letter where he wrote down where I need to go tomorrow and at what time my chemotherapy is.

-

out of the hospital Yuta stopped walking under a lantern and looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked, my breath could be seen because it was still that cold. Suddenly I felt two arms hugging me tightly and my eyes widened.

"Please stay with me forever.. I don't want you to go back to your parents.. what if your cancer gets worse because of that..?" He asked me, his voice sad and he sounded a bit like he is crying.

I smiled warmly and this tingling feeling was back in my stomach. I hugged him back and buried my face in his shoulder. "Okay.." I whispered, a tear rolling down my cheek.

We pulled away, when Yuta saw my tears in my eyes he wiped them away and laid his hand on my cheek. My cheeks felt like burning in that moment and my heart beat quickened.

We looked at each other's eyes for the next, at least 10 minutes.
"You can't leave me.. promise me to win the fight.." the black haired boy whispered, his voice broken and tears in his eyes too.

I smiled warmly and sad, laying my left hand on his cheek too. "I will." I whispered back, my own voice cracking.

- - - -

A/n: Hehe I'll make all your lives miserable from the next chapter on <3

I hope y'all enjoy the story till now c:

I don't know if I'll be able to update in the next weeks, because my first final exam is next Wednesday 😭

Please wish me luck🙏