chapter 13

"No, you have to give me time to prepare, too. I don't have any items right now. Except for this ring."

"I prepared it for you on my own. So just follow me silently."

Somehow, every response seems to be sharp today. The look that seemed to have loosened up a little before quickly worsened again, and even the tone of his voice gives a strange feeling of a sharp edge. Even the long words seem annoying.

But at the risk of my life, I had to ask. The most important thing.

"Then, who am I going with?"

The white face, whose expression has disappeared, faces the front again and gives a burdensome gaze. I felt a strange burning sensation in my throat, and while I was swallowing dry saliva, the guy asked me quietly.

"Who do you want to go with?"

However, despite his usual attitude, I was uncomfortable because I couldn't read human emotions in his dark eyes. So I tilted my head and pointed out the important point while avoiding the gaze.

"Of course, it would be nice if Hunter Lee Jehee would come with me. I feel reassured. But aren't you sick right now? Your face doesn't look so good—"

As I pointed out his pale complexion, the man's forehead wrinkled. Then he goes back to his expressionless face and raises only the corners of his mouth.

"It's nothing, so don't worry about it."

After saying it.

"I want to do that too, but it's not a big deal because I have to trust only Hunter Lee Jeehee. It's not something that can be ignored just like that. So by any chance, do you have a headache?"

"—That's right. It's a stress-related headache. Still, I can clear C-class dungeons, so don't worry."

Uhm, so it's a stress headache. Then he won't even listen to heal. Because the mental thing affects the body. Maybe that's why he's just leaving it alone.

As soon as he finished speaking, Lee Jehee, who tilted his head back to the sofa head like a person who reached his limit, waved his hand as if not to care.

I want to pretend that I didn't see it and move on—.

If we went into the dungeon together in that state, I think I would also get a stress-related headache. When entering the dungeon, the only liferope is Lee Jeehee, but if he's in such a bad condition—.

"Please stay still for a moment."

As I get up from my seat and try to approach the side of the sofa on which he is sitting, Chorok's terrifying gaze falls. He had a very bad habit of turning his eyes like that when only Lee Jehee was involved.

I won't do anything to your master, you greyhound punk.

After making a harmless smile to mean not to worry, I went to the front of the sofa where Lee Jehee sat and looked at the area to be touched.

Holding hands would be the most comfortable way, but he was still wearing that damn black leather glove today. Moreover, he was wearing a white shirt and a navy vest, so there were not many areas where bare skin was exposed, so the areas that could be reached were limited.

Should I just ask him to take off his gloves and hold his hand?

Thanks to holding his hand every time I put Lee Jeehee to sleep for the past week, I am now able to develop a tolerance for this guy's hand. After thinking for a while more, I couldn't help but lower my hand in order to take off his gloves. If only the intense gaze at that moment had not touched the cheek.