Prologue

At the core of the world lies the delicate balance held together by the mystical force of Umbracite, a rare mineral concealed in the depths of the rock and soil. For a century after its discovery, the nations flourished in harmonious prosperity, drawing upon the energy of this precious resource. Yet, where there is light, shadows wait to pounce. Umbracite, though toxic to most, bestowed formidable abilities upon those capable of withstanding its concentrated essence granting mastery over fire, water, earth, or air through ancient and mysterious techniques.

The delicate equilibrium shattered when war erupted between the Verdukt Kingdom and the Citadel, a conflict fueled by the desire to control the Umbracite-rich northern plains. Following the Citadel's triumph, extensive mining operations expanded, depleting most deposits and compelling the rulers to turn their gaze outwards. 

Resource skirmishes erupted across the mainland, culminating in the Second Umbracite War, an enduring conflict that has persisted for two cycles. Countless lives were claimed, homes reduced to piles of rubble, and dreams of peace shattered in the relentless pursuit of power. Kings, dukes, and autocrats alike sought to uncover the mystic fifth craft, Spirit Manipulation. The war now stands at a stalemate, none are able to advance further without endorsing their fate. 

Amidst this turmoil, our tale unfurls in the fifth cycle with Eira, a young woman from the Jade Territories, taken as a prisoner and forced to toil in an Umbracite mine for the Citadel. This is her story.