v

"𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐒𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐑𝐃."

"She never smiles. Have you ever seen her smile?"

"You can't even have a conversation with her. She just kinda...stares at you. It's creepy. No wonder she doesn't have any friends."

"I think there's something seriously wrong with her."

Getting fed up with the conversation the duo at the table in front of them were having, Luna Lovegood roughly kicked the back of the Slytherin boy's chair. He and his friend turned around to look at her.

"If you don't have anything nice to say about Dorothea, don't say anything at all," Luna said as Dorothea shrank down in the chair beside her, avoiding the gaze of the two boys.

"Should've known you two would join forces at some point, Loony," the second boy smirked. "Have you told Torpid all about the Nargles yet? I'm surprised she's putting up with all your nonsense."

"Leave her alone," Dorothea mumbled, glaring up at him through her lashes as she clenched a fist in her lap.

"And what are you gonna do about it?" He smirked, eyeing her fist. "Go on. Hit me. I dare you."

Dorothea exhaled slowly through her nose. She eyed the ink sitting on the desk in front of him. She glanced between that and Professor Umbridge, who was at her own desk reading.

"Hah! I knew you weren't strong enough to do it. You Hufflepuffs are so weak."

The two boys snickered. Dorothea concentrated on the ink bottle. Slowly, it rose up into the air. The two Slytherins shut up and watched as the ink bottle tipped over, pouring its contents onto their heads.

Luna covered her mouth to muffle her amused giggle as the two boys yelled out. Dorothea allowed the ink bottle to fall to the floor of the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom with a crash and returned to reading the chapter of the textbook they were assigned.

"Mr. Roberts! Mr. Miller!" Umbridge screamed, a deep scowl forming on her toad-like face. "Detention, both of you!"

"It wasn't us, Professor!" Roberts protested. "It was Dorothea!"

Dorothea looked up from her textbook, a confused, innocent look in her eyes.

"That's two detentions," Umbridge decided. "Blaming others for your ill decisions. You should be ashamed. How could Miss Tonks have possibly done it without her wand, which, as you can see, has not been pulled out since I had you put them away?"

The rest of the class had paused their hushed conversations to listen to the argument. Luna was watching Dorothea curiously, wondering how the ink pot levitated without her using a wand or uttering a single word. It was almost like it had a mind of its own.

"Well...Well, she..." Miller stammered. "I-I don't know how she did it, but we know it was her!"

Umbridge stared at Dorothea. Dorothea stared back, her expression blank. Deciding that she wasn't the culprit, she said, "Three detentions, and that is final. Maybe that'll teach you a lesson about horseplaying in my class."

The faintest of smiles twitched on Dorothea's lips, which she hid behind her textbook as she raised it.

"You're so dead, Tonks," Roberts spat.

Dorothea raised a brow. "Is that a threat?" she asked nonchalantly, not taking her eyes off of the page.

Luna leaned over and whispered to Dorothea, "How did you do that?"

Dorothea turned to her and raised her pointer finger to her lips. "Shh," she hushed quietly. "No talking during silent reading time."

»--✩--«