xi

"𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀, 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃?"

Dorothea looked up from the essay she was writing for Professor Snape, her eyes narrowing a little at Hermione. "Dorothea. Only my friends get to call me that," she grumbled, pulling down her baggy hoodie sleeve to cover up the scars Umbridge's quill made on her hand.

Ignoring the younger girl's comment, Hermione reached for her wrist and pulled her sleeve down, her eyes widening in horror. "She did it to you too, didn't she?" she asked, her brows pulling together.

"Don't touch me," Dorothea mumbled, yanking her hand away from the 5th year.

"Dorothea, you have to report that," Hermione said sternly.

"Leave me alone." Dorothea went back to writing her essay, referencing a textbook for sources to add. She hoped that if she ignored Hermione long enough that she'd go away.

Unfortunately, she continued to stand there with her arms crossed.

Dorothea sighed. She put her things away in her bag and stood up to leave the library. It was impossible for her to concentrate when the Gryffindor prefect was staring at her like she's about to scold her for eating the last cookie in the cookie jar.

"If you're not gonna tell anyone, then I will!" Hermione shouted after her, earning her an angry 'Shh' from Madam Pince, the librarian.

Dorothea walked through the portrait hole and entered the Hufflepuff common room, which, to her delight, was empty. She sat down in the most comfortable chair and pulled out her essay, relishing in the peace and quiet.

"Hey, Dorothea!"

Why can't peace and quiet last for longer than 30 seconds?

Dorothea exhaled sharply and looked up at Hannah Abbott, who had just entered the common room with Ernie Macmillan.

"Whatcha working on?" Hannah asked as she sat down in the chair across from her.

"Potions essay," Dorothea mumbled.

"Yeah?" Ernie grinned. "Well, I'm the Ghost of Do Your Assignments in the Future, and I'm here to tell you to stop studying so hard and have some fun this weekend."

Dorothea stared blankly at him. She blinked.

"That's an order," he added.

"I don't take orders from you," Dorothea muttered as she continued writing. She wanted to get all her homework done before the end of the night so that she could have Sunday to completely relax with Luna and Neville.

"But it's such a beautiful day out!" Hannah stood up and walked over to the window, gesturing to the world outside. "You don't really want to be all alone in this stuffy old common room, do you?"

"I'd actually prefer it." Dorothea rolled her eyes. Why couldn't anyone get the hint today that she wanted to be left alone?

"Okay, well, um, if you change your mind–"

"I won't."

"–Ernie and I will be in the courtyard with Susan and Justin, and you're more than welcome to join us," Hannah said. She watched the 4th year for a moment, waiting for an answer that she'd never get, before leaving the common room with Ernie.

»--✩--«

Dorothea liked Sundays. Even though they were a 24 hour day like any other, they always went by a little bit slower than Saturdays. After spending all of Saturday catching up on homework she wasn't able to complete due to Umbridge's detentions, it was nice to have a long, lazy day ahead of her.