Chapter Twelve - Unknown

12:51 | Saturday 24th February, 2024 | Unknown

Unedited

Slipping into the shadows of the night I hid from sight as I walked down the alley to our meeting spot. My shoes clicked against the floor as the gravel crunched under the weight. I was late by two minutes but luck was on my side tonight. 

Rounding the last corner I saw him leaning on the driver's side of his car. You would think a sports car would draw attention to him, but he still easily slipped around the city. He looked in my direction the second he heard my steps approaching. 

"You're late so I'm assuming you have the information I want"

"Would I be stupid enough to turn up late if I didn't have the information?"

"It's your job on the line, not mine"

He had me there. I was hired by our boss for the special skill set I held. The man I met tonight wouldn't get in trouble for not having the required information. I would, however. 

"It's all in this file-"

I pulled it back when his hand came up to reach for it.

"Make sure you don't open it. The boss needs to be the first person to see this"

I demanded knowing the kind of information I had would bring this whole thing to the floor. This operation would be a success and the Conti family would finally be no more. 

Handing the family to him I watched him nod at me before getting in his car and placing the file on the passenger seat of his car. His engine roared to life and I stepped back to let him pass. My job was done for the time being until I got another text from my boss. 

With that knowledge, I walked back to the front doors of A Taste Of Euphoria, not before pulling a cigarette out of my coat pocket to hide what I had previously been doing. Mila, our receptionist nodded at me when I returned. 

"Long night?"

She questioned me as I made it a habit to smoke whenever we had too many customers or overexaggerate how long the night was dragging by. 

"You know it, baby"

I teased and walked up behind her

"Could be an even longer night if you would let me in your bed. If you would let me in right... here"

My hand slid from her shoulder down to her lower stomach. Fingers just skimming her panties. Her breathing stuttered I couldn't help but laugh. 

 "Cute, but it's your choice"

Walking away from her I walked straight back into the main club. 

__________

End of Chapter Twelve

Things are not how they seem. Someone is causing trouble and the question is who?

- What are your thoughts, with the little you know? Someone is behind this but who could it be?

- Who are the Conti family and why do you think they are being targeted?

- What do you think of this chapter style of writing?

◇──◇──◇──◇ Thoughts | Comment | Vote ◇──◇──◇──◇

♡ I love you all ♡
                             - Violet Young