XXXIX

More angst 😚😚

~~~

The line between day and night is becoming blur for Lisa, between a day and the next also. She's not too sure if she's still alive. She thought removing the casts might do her good, but it only meant she has to go back to work, and therefore seeing them regularly.

Ever since what happened in Jennie's mansion, she's been having nightmares, day and night.

Jennie couldn't be less of a selfish bitch, could she? Why does these days Lisa always feel like Jennie'd been like this all along?

Lisa tries her hardest not to think about her, but with her heart beating only for those feline eyes, it's hard not to do so. She loves the girl, and even though she is trying not to, her heart only yearns for the older girl's touch more than before. Sometimes Lisa thinks she can never move on from her. It's been already 15 days since she was in the mansion, almost two months from the revelation of Jennie's secret engagement, and all Lisa can do is to bury herself in work to forget about her ex-girlfriend.

Which is reflecting her quite the opposite. Jennie and Chahee are practically everywhere, regardless of Lisa working for the PSY company which only means one thing: seeing Park Chahee regularly.

And she can't afford to terminate the contract one sided, it'll only cost her a fortune which she financially can't meet.

As Lisa is staring senseless at the glass in her hands, thinking about her miserable life, somebody sits next to her, close enough that Lisa feels their warmth. She knows who it is. Lisa has grown familiar with Kai's presence, he's really comforting.

"You're doing it again." He softly says, getting Lisa out of terrace.

"What?"

"This... staring at something without blinking."

"Sorry."

"Don't be. Drink it though, their apple juice is to die for!" The way he exaggerates catches Lisa's attention.

Even though Lisa doesn't have the appetite to drink from the glass in her hands, she also can't find it in herself to say no to Kai's caring tone. It's not his fault anyways. He's just trying to be attentive with her which Lisa is so much thankful for.

She takes a small sip from the straw, but as the sweet fruit juice hits her throat, Lisa's stomach grumbles at the protest of being hungry for so long. She's not eating well these days, especially since she's gotten back to her place from Chaeyoung's.

Lisa chugs down the rest of the liquid in the glass and lets her breath out.

"Thanks."

"No problem." Kai says. "Are you in for tonight's game night? Bang Chan has been begging me to see you ever since. He's really sorry, you know."

"It's not his fault, and I would've come, but there's this charity thing I have to discuss with my parents."

"Oh really? Maybe I could also come. You still need a plus one, right?"

Lisa smiles at him.

"I could get you an invitation to bring your own plus one, man." She bumps her shoulder with Kai's, making them both laugh weakly. "How's she doing by the way? Still not wanting to go public?"

"She says after her new series."

"Oh. Cool." Lisa nods and stands up to throw away the remaining of her drink. "Wish you the best, dude."

"Thanks, Lis." He then watches as one of the staff walking past them. "Hey, man. Are we done here?"

"Yeah, we're cleaning the set now."