Chp 3 : someone i neither hate nor like

As the bell signaling the end of the exam period rang, I felt a wave of relief wash over me. Finally, I could relax knowing that the stress of exams was behind me. Summer vacation was officially beginning today - time to celebrate!

Rose quickly approached me, eager to discuss the multiple-choice questions and see how many she had answered correctly. Did I mention that my best friend is a bit of a nerd? Well, now you know. She meticulously checked her answers, and I could see the anxiety creeping in as she realized she had only marked one incorrectly out of the twenty-nine questions she had answered correctly. Seriously, girl? It's just one question!

But hey, who am I to judge? At least she cares about her grades, unlike me. For now, though, I refuse to dwell on exams. It's time to kick back, relax, and enjoy these well-deserved vacations.

At home:

Arriving back to reality after the exam, I was greeted by a barrage of inquiries from classmates and acquaintances about how my paper went. Some even ventured to ask if I was destined to fail yet again. You might be wondering, fail? Yes, unfortunately, that's a reality I've had to face.
You see, back in Class 11, during my O-levels, I stumbled in my mathematics paper. It's no secret that O-levels are challenging, and math, in particular, proved to be a formidable foe. However, what made matters worse was the unforgiving policy of my previous college. According to their rules, failing in just one subject was grounds for immediate expulsion. So, when I failed in mathematics, they wasted no time in showing me the door, abruptly ending my academic journey there.
Feeling overwhelmed by the incessant questions, I hurriedly made my way to my room, seeking solace in the familiarity of my own space. With a sigh, I closed the door behind me and locked it, grateful for the brief respite from prying eyes.

Eager to shake off the tension of the day, I reached for my favorite silk pajamas, their softness offering a comforting embrace. Shedding my sweaty uniform, I welcomed the cool touch of the fabric against my skin.

Seeking a moment of relief, I stepped into the refreshing cascade of a cold shower, letting the icy water wash away the stress and exhaustion that clung to me. With each inhale, I felt the weight of the day slowly lift, leaving me feeling renewed and revitalized.

Indeed, while most people find solace in a hot bath, I've always found that a cold shower works wonders for me, instantly calming my frazzled nerves. It's my version of cold shower therapy, I suppose.

After my refreshing shower, I reluctantly attended to my skincare routine, which I must admit is rather lacking. With limited products at my disposal, I simply massage a bit of lotion onto my face, followed by a swipe of cherry-flavored lip balm to complete the routine.

As I stepped out of my bathroom, still clad in my bathrobe, I realized I had forgotten to retrieve my beloved silk pajamas from my bed. With a resigned sigh, I made my way to the window, only to find it wide open - a careless oversight on my part. And to my surprise, or perhaps dismay, someone I neither hated nor adored was standing on the other side of the balcony, facing towards my room.