4.

LUCILLE

I can't believe I just did that. I never wanted to have him catch me. Well, at least not so soon and in the way he had.  Although to be honest, I can not deny how great it felt at the same time to be looking back into those eyes again.

That moment when we looked into each others eyes, I began feeling myself start to fall apart all over, just as I had the first time I ever did. Even after all these years, he still has the same effect on me as he did before.

I knew he had recognized me and I also felt as though maybe it not such a terrible thing in the long run.

Either way, it didn't matter. I needed to focus on today's task. What happened last night was an accident - a beautiful accident. Today however, was the day I needed to speak with his father, along with the rest of the council.

I was very relieved to have Kaylie be right next to me. I'm not sure I would have been as brave enough without her.

I took in a few deep breaths before we walked up the steps towards the huge gothic-medieval style building with a couple guards out front whom asked our purpose and then allowed us in after we informed them.

We next were greeted by the councilman's secretary who has been there for nearly one hundred years. She was even the one who greeted me the day I had come in here to speak with the council before they ended up shunning me. She was very kind and empathetic.

"Hello." She greeted with a smile at first until she looked at me more. "what are you doing here?" She asked with a fearful look upon her face.

"I have come to speak with the council." I told her with my head held up high this time and not feeling discouraged.

"They are in a meeting." She states.

"We can wait." Kaylie chimed in.

She continued to look back and forth at us with a look of worry.

"It will be a long time before they can see you. In fact, I would suggest you schedule for a meeting. The best time would be within a few weeks. That way you can guarantee their full and individed attention." She suggests.

"A few weeks? You're joking, right? You can't be serious?! They can't spare ten minutes of their precious time to speak with us?!" Kaylie asked.

For a brief moment longer, I looked at the woman, she looked at me and mind linked me, explaining things. She was right.

"It's alright Kaylie." I tell her before looking back at the woman again. "Please, pit us down for a few weeks from now." I smile.

"I will." She smiled and board her head a little then turned around and headed back towards her desk.

Kaylie looked at me confused. Then we walked outside and down the steps.

"Okay, you're gonna have to explain to me as to what the hell just happened back there." She stated with an upset tone.

"The lady mind linked me explaining that there are some things that apparently are happening and they would not give us the attention we need. So, I am trusting her." I finished telling her.

She shook her head in disagreement but had no other choice but to believe me and for now, let it go.

"Fine." She replied after letting out a deep breath. "So now what do you want..." She stopped herself the moment she looked over my shoulder.

"What?" I asked then turned to look in the same direction she was and saw both Keanu and Bronx walking towards us.

"Oh I would like to break me off a piece of that." Kaylie commented, but I stopped her and begged for her to just walk away with me instead.

However, we did not get just a few steps away before I heard Keanu calling out to me. To which, I did feel a bit surprised they remembered me.

"No way! Lucille?!" I heard him call out to me and felt obligated to turn around and reply.

"Hey." I replied suddenly feeling a bit nervous.

"Oh my god. It's been so long!" Keanu exclaimed as him and Bronx walked up and we gave one another a hug.

I introduced them both to Kaylie and noticed Bronx was eyeing her up and down.

"I am in town for a while. Just, you know, passing through." I tell him. "So how have you been?"

"Good. I finally met my mate. You'd like her, she is shy but very funny and sweet." Keanu replies.

"That's great." I replied with a smile. "So you guys have a meeting with the council?" I asked.

"Nah. We're just here to pick Thorin up. He's inside with them, trying to learn the ropes." He states.

"Oh that's right. He's gonna take his father's position soon, right?" I asked.

"Yeah." Keanu replies with a now more nervous look a little bit in his face.

Before any one of us could say anything else, the doors opened up and out came Thorin who stopped at the bottom of the stairs and scowled at me.

"What are you doin here?!" He asked with a demanding tone.

"I was hoping to speak with your dad and the council." I blurted out before realizing I had.

"Well they're all very busy. There's too much going on right now that the last thing they have time for is any petty bullshit you have to speak with them about!" He stated.

"You motherfuc..." Kaylie started to say while taking a step towards him before I stopped her.

"No. It's okay." I assure her before taking a step towards him. "I want you to understand something. I plan to speak to your father and the council in the next few weeks. Like it or not, I will be heard. TRUST that. And I also promise that if you get in my way or do anything to try and stop the meeting from happening, I promise that you will regret it." I threatened him.

He looked taken back and yet, still trying to stand his ground and look as if he needs to still be like the Alpha he is. Not to mention it goes well with his already stubborn personality he has always had.

Kaylie and I next walked off after telling Keanu and Bronx bye as well as we will see them around.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)