Chapter 1 🥁|| Teenage Dirtbag

You slammed the door to your locker shut after pulling out your English book. Your last class of the day.

In thirty seconds the bell would ring to indicate that you would soon be tardy. Normally you  wouldn't care too much since the class was mainly an opportunity for the teacher to flap her gums.

But you were sure your tardies would go on your transcript. You needed a clean record, especially after promising your family to get into a good college. Junior year really counted.

You slugged into your class, the teacher already ranting. You prepared to doze off the entire, boring, mundane, class. 

About five minutes into zoning out, someone came knocking at the door. The silhouette automatically giving away the identity of this mystery person.

The teacher opened the door and in came in the grungy teen, with a skull shirt so dark and his shaggy hair across his face. 

"Mr Heffley you're late...again." Rodrick shrugged as the teacher spoke. He made his way over to his seat, the empty desk to your left and another desk back. You avoided eye contact with him as he trudged past you. He let his backpack fall off his shoulder before slumping back into his chair. 

You snuck a peak at him as he looked at the brunette girl next to him, winking as she rolled her eyes. 'Typical' you thought as you scoffed out loud. 

27 minutes into class and you thought you'd blow up. It was a Friday and you just wanted to go home and relax, and snack on junk food, and maybe play your electric guitar a little bit. 

Kids had gotten out their phones at this point and you were so done with listening. Being in the second row it was a easier for you to get caught with your phone, unlike the kids in the farther back. You had to sneak it out with precision, looking up every couple seconds. You were doing just fine for about three minutes before deciding to open the Instagram app. 

And unfortunately for you, you'd forgotten to turn your volume down after using your phone as a speaker on your walk to school this morning. 

Your phone blared with electric guitar music, a video Instagram decided was good for your feed. It abruptly shut your teach up as you rushed to turn it down. The stupid '-' button on the side of your phone wasn't working. It wasn't until about 13 seconds until you turned your phone off, still playing for a few seconds before shutting down completely.

Parts of the class irrupted in giggles as the teacher made her way over to you. You face palmed before hearing an instigating "oooooh" come from behind you. You turned around to find  Rodrick cuffing the sides of his mouth to instigate some more. "You're in trouble." Rodrick stretched his sentence, and pointed at the teacher behind you who's heavy presence you already felt.

"Oh shut up doof." You hissed at him. "____!" The teachers voiced screeched. You turned around to face her wrath. A full expression of grimace plastered on her face. You gave her a look of unknowing, as if you didn't understand what she was upset about.

"Is there a reason you like to disrupt my class, and insult your classmates?" She said clearly straining her voice trying to be "big and bad". 

You shrugged as she held out her hand, waiting for you to hand her your phone. You sighed and gave it up as you heard Rodrick snicker. You turned behind you and glared at him. He only gave you a (fake) look of innocence in return. 

"That's such a shame miss, I was really enjoying your conversation about...your second ex husband." Rodrick nodded his head. The audacity of this idiot to act like he was intrigued in this conversation. You weren't even sure if that truly was the topic she was on about. 

"Why can't you ever just shut the hell up? Weren't you late to class for the third time this week or something?" You snapped. "Tsk, tsk, tsk." Rodrick shook his head. "She's so crude isn't she miss?" He asked. 

"Rodrick, do your work." The teacher corrected him. You were ready to smirk in power over Rodrick, but he didn't give you any satisfaction. He nodded his head and went back to reading his textbook, which clearly had his phone crammed in between the pages.

✎____________________________________________________

When the bell rung to indicate the end of the day, everyone left class in a hurry. The teacher was out the door as fast as the students were.

You checked to make sure she wouldn't come back before grabbing your phone off her desk. 

Turning around you found Rodrick zipping up his bag. Unfortunately he was headed towards you on his way out the door. "Hey, no hard feelings?" He grinned as he held out his hand, supposedly to dap you up. 

"Ha." You rolled your eyes as he shrugged and left the classroom. Who knows what he meant by that. 

On your way out the door you saw the teacher heading back to the room. "Wait ____! Let me get your phone." She shouted. "That's ok, keep it." You shot back sarcastically. 

You made your way down the half empty hallway, still containing a couple of mingling teenagers. You made your way outside to start your long walk home (45 minutes). Usually you drove home with your best friend, Mae but your car was in the repair shop. 

You searched around looking for any possible company. Mae was sick at home today, she was your usual company on the hike home.

You found Rodrick trying to talk to Heather Hills outside of her car, it was almost pathetic how he's tried any girl he could. Except for you...

"Bull shit." You whispered under your breath. You watched as she drove off and he and one of his friends entered his beat up van.

✎____________________________________________________

I hope this isn't too shabby for my first chapter. I also haven't proof read this so forgive me for any errors 🥹

Also I literally wrote this chapter and after saving MULTIPLE times, the page reloaded and nothing was saved. So like I was pissed writing the first couple paragraphs over 😭