Chapter 3 🥁 || Auditions

The tryouts were the next day. It was a Saturday and instead of relaxing, you were afraid out of your mind. What if they didn't like you? Who was they? Are they all guys?

You collected as much information as you could from this flier: The band's name was Löaded Diaper, it was so stupid but so...familiar?

They needed an electric guitarist. That's why you're auditioning in the first place.

And the auditions are being held at 517 Third Street. Now you just needed a ride.

"Well helloooo mom, how are you doing on this fine morning?" You slide into the kitchen behind your mother.

"Drop the act, what do you want now?" Your mom shook her head.

"What I can't say good morning to my lovely, amazing, and only mother anym-"

"____ you have five seconds to explain what you want."

"Fine. I need a ride over to my audition. I'm trying out for a band." You showed her the picture of the flier on your phone.

"Let me get this straight; you're seventeen, uh you know how to drive a car, and you currently have your own car. So you want me to drive you why?" She asked.

"Well one you know my car is still at the repair shop. And two it's cause you know I get nervous with things like this, and if I can't focus I might crash, get ejected from the car, and die."

"That might be stretching a bit don't you think?"

"Do you want to take that risk mother?"

Your mom sighed and placed her glasses on the counter. "Fine I'll drive you, what time do you need to be there?" She asked.

"In 45 minutes." You gritted your teeth. "Well hurry up then." You took off up to your room to get ready.

"Blessed with such dramatic daughters."

✎____________________________________________________

You slammed the car door behind you as you fumbled into the drivers seat. "What did I tell you about slamming my door?" Your mom was already on your tail.

"So how far's the location from here?" You asked her, pulling up the cars GPS system. "You don't know yet?" She asked you as you shrugged. You handed her your phone and she studied the flier.

"What the- Loaded Diper? Seriously?" She looked at you as you once again initiated a shrug. "Do you even know what they sound like?" She asked you as you shook your head.

"I tried searching them up on Google, I just found a shameful amount of Huggies ads." You responded, messing with the review mirror.

"Here I'll put the address in the GPS." You said taking the phone back. "Ah no need ____, I know where it is." She chuckled. In return you just gave her a puzzled look.

"Well don't tell me you don't where this is ____?" You squinted even harder. "No...? Am I supposed to?" You laugh a bit.

"It's like right up the street? We pass by it all the time?!? For God's sake ____ you pass it everyday after school to get to the house!" She said getting frustrated.

"Oh...oh oh oh! I know what you're talking about now, sorry just a brain fart..." you lied. Your mom just sighed and pulled out of the parkway.

You watched as she made a right and turned uphill. And there you were, on 'The Heffley street'. "We're here!" You mom said as your jaw dropped. She pulled up to the house on the address, which so happened to be Rodrick's house. No wonder you didn't know it was their street, you always just called the street 'The Heffley Street'.