Jouno - Surgery (part 1)

"If I ever die, I don't know if I want you to find someone else."

Jouno was lying on the recovery bed, covered in a thin blanket, looking paler than usual. Whenever you saw him, he was cloaked in his uniformed cape, face hidden underneath his cap - it always gave him a sense of illusion and power. But now he was completely bare, with new red surgical scars alongside his muscles and veins.

"If you ever die? You say that like you're immortal."

He turned towards you, his usual false cheeriness now set into a thoughtful frown.

"I could easily be immortal. Then you'll never be able to get rid of me."

He smiled, reaching for you. You leaned over from your chair, meeting him halfway as he held your hand.

Taking your other hand, you brushed the tips of your fingers through his scalp, carefully separating the strands and allowing them to fall against his cheek. His nose twitched at the feeling, which made you smile.

"You're warm."

He grabbed at your sweater, pulling you alongside it. You nearly fell over, catching yourself on the small recovery bed Jouno was laying on.

"Is this sweater mine? I've been looking for it."

He sat up, making space for you on the small bed. You gladly took all the space you could, splaying your legs all over Jouno's lap.

"Do you want it back? It's kind of cold here."

Even with the sweater, you could still feel the cold air blowing in the room, keeping your skin colder than you'd like.

"No, I have a better idea."

Two hands snaked up your waist, pulling the sweater up to your shoulders. You felt your breathing cut off as Jouno forced his head through the back of the fabric, pulling at the already well-worn neckline.

You tried to adjust or move away, but were helpless as Jouno finally forced his way through the sweater - his chest pressed flush against your now exposed back as he pulled the sweater down around the both of you.

His arms pulled you close, tucked inside your little cacoon, his face burying into your neck. His nose was cold, and you could feel that he was purposefully trying to warm himself against you as his fingers traced up against the exposed skin of your belly.

"Are you happy now? You're really cold, you know."

You sat up the best you could in your position, trying to pull down your shirt that had rode up from Jouno's invasion of your warmth. It was no use, as Jouno was practically melted into you.

"I'm warmer now. You have really good blood circulation, it's nice to feel."

He was mumbling into your neck, his breath hot on your skin. You could feel his eyelashes flutter as he spoke, while his fingers drew meaningless patterns against your skin.

One of his hands reached up right towards your heart, his warming fingers pressing right against supple skin.

"Don't tell me I'm making you blush right now, I can feel it with you right underneath me."

He was nearly giggling at his cruel teasing. You groaned, reaching up and lightly tugging at Jouno's hair.

"You're practically crawling into my skin right now, what do you expect?"

You felt his chest huff in amusement, his large hands pressing against your skin. He was really trying to consume your everything, not giving you a moment's peace.

He simply hummed, the vibrations from his body tickling you.

"You know, you kind of look like the girl on the shirt."

He took out his hand and reached to trace the old and faded design, right over your chest. He wasn't going to acknowledge how your breath hitched as his finger traced along the shirt, right over your chest.

"I can barely even see the girl, surprised you know what she looks like after all this time."

Leaning back, you pat his thigh, hidden under the thin and scratchy hospital blanket. Jouno squeezed your waist in return, his thumb massaging your skin.

"I had it before I lost my sight, so to me, it still looks brand new. Don't ruin the lie my brain tells me, I want to believe that it still belongs in a landfill."

"It probably does. It's only good because it's warm and it smells like you, but I wouldn't wear this in public."

Jouno placed his forehead on the back of your neck, feeling for your warmth.

"I haven't washed this sweater in months, hope you know that's the smell you're enjoying."

You gently slapped his thigh, snorting.

"Oh god, you're disgusting Jouno! I thought you were different from other guys."

He hummed, squeezing you tightly. He was taking advantage of his position, holding you next to him in that large, worn, and threadbare sweater. Jouno was never more glad he was left alone for his recovery, since he never wanted to be seen in such an intimate position.

"I'm teasing Y/n. I really should throw this out though, we can afford better."