Tecchou - Having a strong sense of justice

You were absolutely fuming. Furious. Angry. Enraged. Pissed.

There were a lot of words to describe how you were feeling.

The job you had come to do was already done - you and Teruko worked well. You were glad to have worked with her as well since she gave you the chance to burn everything to the ground.

It was one of the most horrific crime scenes you had come across in your career as a hunting dog. There was no need for evidence, and thank god since you didn't feel the need to give any of them mercy.

But you were still angry, to say the least. What else was there to do? Torture their souls in the afterlife?

You wish you could.

But you were left pacing around headquarters instead, trying to walk off the burning anger you felt. There might have been a circle in the field from how long you were pacing, trying to get rid of the images burned in your mind - it didn't really help, if anything, it riled you up more. You still had the rage.

The guards in the area didn't even want to be around you. It was left barren since your entrance. You didn't think more on why it was so desolate though, you just decided that you felt comfortable enough to start punching the air and screaming curses, as if you could physically fight away your anger, the pain and strain in your muscles making it almost feel less.

This went on for a while. It probably could have gone on for the whole day, if anyone was asked.

Although that was until you felt someone grab you from behind, their arms wrapped around your waist tightly. Even in your panicked struggle, you were no better than a flailing tube man. You tried to kick your attacker in the ribs with your boot, grab his hair - but the man wouldn't budge.

"Y/n."

You craned your neck around to look at Tecchou, who had the audacity to step into the middle of your meltdown. Your hand was still pulling at his long hair, but his face portrayed nothing - just a calm, dead stare.

You, however, felt anything but calm, right now.

"Leave me alone! Can't you tell I'm busy!"

You had no idea what you were doing, but you didn't want to be around him when you felt the way you did. You had to force yourself to pull your hand of his hair lest you scalp him in your fury.

"It's ok to be angry."

"I'm not-"

You tried to breathe in, calming yourself. Even if you denied it outloud, it was an obvious lie. Especially to yourself.

"I'm not angry."

You felt Tecchou take a deep breath from behind you, his ribs moving against your spine. He pressed his brow between your shoulder blades, adding a gentle pressure.

"It's ok. I'd be angry too, if I saw what you did."

He let the silence sit for a moment.

You placed your hands on his forearms, keeping a firm grip on them. It grounded you as you stared at the grass below you.

"I won't force you to tell me the details, Teruko told me enough. I know the report is going to be horrible."

The grass below you was nearly completely flat. At some parts, the roots were kicked out of the ground, fluffy dirt surrounding them. Looking at your hands, you could see how red they were compared to Tecchou's tanned skin.

"But Y/n..."

His grip became just a little tighter, your diaphragm feeling the squeeze. You pressed against his skin tightly, trying to gain leverage against it, as your feet dangled off the ground.

"I think it's really great that you care so much about bringing justice there, even if it meant going somewhere so horrible. I'm proud of you."

"Oh, Tecchou..."

You turned your head and body back around the best you could to see the man, who was still pressing himself onto you.

"Can you put me down? I think I'm calmer now."

He obliged, turning you to face him, his hands still on your chest, holding you now more gently, sure you wouldn't run.

His long hair was sticking closely to his forehead, hiding his brows, which furrowed in a way that you could tell he was thinking rather deeply about the words he was going to say next.

"Sorry if I worried you, Tecchou. It was just upsetting. Shouldn't have lost my cool like that, though. The job is tough, of course I'm going to see terrible shit like that."

"No. It's not that. I think it's great that you're upset."

"Really? It's really childish of me."

Tecchou shook his head, the strands on his forehead stubbornly sticking close to his thick eyelashes. He leaned in a little closer, his eyes leveling near yours.

"I think its good. It means you're human. You still believe in justice and care about people. You should be proud of that."

His golden eyes were staring in at yours, in such an intense way it made you want to look away. You instead took your hand and brushed away the hair on his face, watching as he carefully kept his eyes closed to protect his eyes.

"Have you thought about cutting your hair? It seems like a hazard, doesn't it?"

Tecchou smiled a little, reaching down to your waist to pull you closer to him. You were dodging the conversation, but the way you started to nervously brush through his longer hair strands told him that you heard his words.