The Gods Sword

" Son of Artorius "

Those 3 words were something that echoed through Thorfinns mind for hours after the attack on his ship. Son? Of who? Artorius? Who even was Artorius? Thorfinn never once has ever heard that name before and not to say he was the son of the king not some random man. Though, what if what Askeladd said was true? And he was the son of whoever this Artorius was. Then everything from being treated like less then he was and being called a basterd was true and rightfully deserved. The main question was why? Why would his father or so called father allow someone that wasn't of royal blood to act as his son? And then after years want him dead! Questions like these added up yet Thorfinn felt like he would never get an answer.

.........

" Askeladd you're a man of many things but I never thought you would be a babysitter " Bajon walked over to Askeladd who was making himself at home in the captains office. His feet were kicked up onto a desk and in his left hand was a horn cup filled up with a nice drink. The voices of his crew rang around the ship as many went around drinking and looting off the dead bodies. Though expect one body....which was Thors body. Askeladd ordered no one to lay a hand on that man's body at all

" not a babysitter Bajon " Askeladd hums " do you see me taking care of a kid?

" you might as well be taking care of the kid " Bajon sat down on the other side of the desk. The low glow of the candles lighting the room a little " what is going through that head of yours? Going against a kings order? You just gave up so much gold that was promised to us. The crew won't be happy when they find out all this was a waste of time. Askeladd, I follow you because you're a man that knows what his doing... but right now not even I know what you're even up to. What are you planning with the kid? Don't you think it was a mistake to even tell him his the son of Artorius?

" question after question Bajon~ never thought you the talkative type that much. Is it the drinks talking or the feeling of winning a good battle we've been itching for " Askeladds eyes go cold after a second. He hated being asked so many questions and if it was anyone other then Bajon he would probably have ignored them all but Bajon was different. He could be just a small bit honest with this man. " This wasn't a waste of time " he waves his hand around " look around ya! A whole ship!? HA, we needed another ship and I got us one " he slaps his hand against his thigh " the men got to kill and now they get to rest and eat as much as they want and Bajon the city were headed to now has more gold then even the damn king has " Askeladd sips down his drink slowly " yes, we lost out on some gold but I wouldn't just allow myself not to replace it~ the kid...our dear "prince" was headed to the city of Uppsala~ the holy city~ the city of gods~ and where there is God's " he throws his cup to the floor " there is gold~ now enough with the questions " Askeladd gets up " we have a city to take from tomorrow~

......

Uppsala, the city of God's or the holy city its also known for. The city was built long ago and dedicated to the gods. It was filled with riches after riches and so much gold not even Thorfinns father would have had enough to fill Askeladd pockets. Maybe that was the cities downfall? After all a city with so much gold and valuable things was just asking to be robbed and that's what was happening.

Thorfinn was standing on the ship deck as he watched fires start up at the city and get deeper in as Askeladd and his men started to fill the city with terror. Screams filled the air and the smell of blood mixed with smoke slammed into Thorfinn in full force. It broke his heart...it anger him... but it also showed him something. Humans could be beast.... monsters that could take a life without even blinking an eye towards it. Was this the real world? Was this the world that his fancy palace walls hide from him? Was this the world Thors saw?..... Thors....Thors the man that seemed to be so kind and sweet.... Thors.... the man that lays dead on the ship floor. " what would you say to this? "Thorfinn whispers softly.... " you would probably look with shame.... or would you smile? This is the world you grew up in... Thors"