Part 2

Y/n and Mizu continue on their journey, with Ringo enthusiastically following along. They walk in silence for a while before Y/n decides to speak up.

Y/n: So, Mizu, where are we headed exactly?

Mizu: None of your concern.

Y/n: Come on, we're traveling together now. I think I deserve to know.

Mizu: Very well. I'm tracking down a man named Heiji Shindo. He has something I want.

Y/n: And what's that?

Mizu: Revenge.

Y/n raises an eyebrow, unsure of what to make of her cryptic response.

Y/n: Care to elaborate?

Mizu: No.

Ringo jumps in, clearly excited about the prospect of revenge.

Ringo: Ooo, revenge! Count me in! I've got lots of experience with that.

Mizu rolls her eyes, annoyed by Ringo's enthusiasm.

Mizu: Like I said before, you won't find what you seek at my side. I won't hesitate to hurt anyone who gets in my way, including you.

Ringo shrugs off her warning, determined to prove himself useful.

Ringo: I can handle it. Besides, I'm great at cooking and cleaning up messes. I can help you out.

Mizu stops in her tracks, frustrated with Ringo's persistence.

Mizu: Making soba is very different from war.

Ringo counters with his own argument.

Ringo: True, but my whole life has been a battle, to overcome and adapt to my disability. I can train and help you, just like I did under my father.

Mizu considers his words for a moment, realizing that arguing with him would be pointless.

Mizu: Fine. But stay out of my way and do as I say. Understood?

Ringo grins widely, thrilled to be included.

Ringo: Got it, boss!

As they continue on their journey, Y/n can't help but feel uneasy about Mizu's vendetta. He knows that getting involved in her mission could mean trouble, but he also can't deny his growing attraction to her. Only time will tell what lies ahead for this unlikely trio.

As Y/n, Mizu, and Ringo navigate the crowded streets during the Hadaka Matsuri festival, Y/n tries to immerse himself in the cultural experience.

Y/n: Wow, look at all these people! What's the significance of this festival again?

Ringo: It's the annual Naked Festival! Men strip down to loincloths and pray for health, happiness, and prosperity in the coming year.

Y/n: Ah, I see. And the chaos in the crowds?

Mizu: It's tradition. Participants compete to grab sacred sticks thrown by priests, bringing them fortune and blessings.

Despite her earlier dismissiveness, Mizu can't help but watch the revelry with mild curiosity. Seeing her relax, Y/n takes the opportunity to bond with her.

Y/n: You know, Mizu, you don't have to be so focused on revenge all the time. These festivals remind us to appreciate the little moments in life.

Mizu: Appreciating moments doesn't advance my agenda, Y/n.

Y/n: Agenda? Isn't it about justice for your family?

Mizu: Justice requires sacrifice. Something I've accepted long ago.