Part 3

Y/n steps in front of Mizu, shielding her from Taigen's raised sword.

Y/n: Stop right there, Taigen. You ain't touching her.

Taigen lowers his sword, visibly taken aback by Y/n's sudden appearance.

Taigen: Stand aside, stranger. This matter concerns only me and the samurai.

Y/n: Sorry, buddy. I don't take kindly to folks threatening people. Even ones covered in blood.

Mizu weakly pushes herself up, protesting vehemently.

Mizu: I don't need your protection, Y/n. Get out of here.

Ignoring her objections, Y/n trains his revolver on Taigen, thumb flicking the hammer back.

Y/n: Leave. Now.

Taigen studies the two of them for a tense moment, then sheathes his sword with a resigned sigh.

Taigen: Very well. But consider this debt settled. Should we cross paths again, samurai, I promise you, the outcome will be different.

He strides away, vanishing into the forest. Y/n helps Mizu to her feet, supporting her as they begin to make their way back to civilization.

Mizu: Thank you, Y/n. I didn't need your help, but... thank you.

Y/n: Partners gotta stick together, Mizu. That's what I always say.

As they walk, Mizu rests her head on Y/n's shoulder, closing her eyes with a faint smile.

Mizu: Partner, eh? Suits me just fine.

Arm in arm, they disappear into the twilight, leaving the abandoned clearing behind.

Next scene.

Y/n enters the scene, noticing the tension between Mizu and Taigen.

Y/n: What's going on here?

Mizu: Mind your own business, Y/n.

Taigen: Your friend and I have a score to settle.

Y/n: Listen, pal. I don't know what beef you've got with Mizu, but I suggest you back off.

Taigen: Or what? You'll shoot me?

Y/n: If I have to.

Taigen sneers, then storms off.

Mizu: Thanks for stepping in, Y/n.

Y/n: No problem. But seriously, what's his issue?

Mizu explains the situation, and Y/n listens attentively.

Y/n: I see. Well, I'm glad you're giving him a chance to redeem himself.

Mizu: Don't mistake me, Y/n. If he makes a wrong move, I won't hesitate to kill him.

Y/n: Understood. But sometimes, giving someone a second chance can make all the difference.

Mizu nods, appreciating Y/n's perspective.

Two days later, Mizu and Taigen prepare for their duel. Y/n wishes them luck, but secretly hopes that Mizu will spare Taigen's life.

As the duel commences, Y/n watches anxiously, gripping his revolver tightly. The two fighters circle each other, exchanging blows and parries. Y/n marvels at their skill, but also senses Mizu's restraint.

Finally, Mizu disarms Taigen, pinning him to the ground with her blade at his throat.

Mizu: Say the words, Taigen.

Taigen: I yield.

Mizu releases him, helping him to his feet.

Mizu: Go. Live with honor.