Pilot (part 1)

(A/n: This is something I made while I was in Germany, so I hope you like this chapter!)

Fashback

???: "*narrates* All stories have good and bad beginnings, right? Well... in this story... mine is one of the bad beginnings."

The scene flashes to a dark and rainy day, where it rains on a hill with people on it.

???: "*narrates* In my stories, children have mothers and fathers that love them so much. They say 'no matter what happens, we will always be together forever.' Not in this life, I have one of the parents and other is... gone."

The scene shifts to people standing under umbrellas as they look sad and they mourn for someone. The camera stops in front of a young man who holds his daughter's hand and they both look at the grave as the priest says,

Priest: "In times like these, we have no words, we have only have each other. Today, we come to gather to mourn the passing of Rhianna Whidon. Devoted wife of Louis, beloved mother to Lillian. Scripture tells us 'sorrow not, for we do not walk alone.'"

(A/n: Pause here, I'll let you know when to resume the song.)

???: "*narrates* I lost my mother that day... I never felt so... incomplete, without her, to grow up with. My father was dealing with stress as well after mom passed away."

Everyone begins to walk away as the child stays behind to look at the grave once more before following everyone else. Inside the church, everyone was talking to each other as the child finds her father, she rushes up to him and hugs his leg.

Guest #1: "I'm telling you Mr. Whidon, it would be best if you take the promotion now, you can start a new life somewhere else."

Guest #2: "It's probably for the best. You can't stay in this town forever and she was holding you back."

Louis (dad): "No! Absolutely not! There is no way that I'm leaving this place! This was my wife's home and I don't want to put my daughter through so much, she's just a kid!"

Guest #1: "But there is no way that you'll survive on your own raising one child in this filthy town. We have better improvements back in New York."

Louis (dad): "*picks up his child* There is no way that you're changing my mind about this. *walks away from them*"

???: "*narrates* My dad was talking to people I didn't know that wanted us to move to another state where we would be provided a lot of funds since my dad was a worker once in New York before he moved here mom and then had me."

The scene changes to a lounge room with a fire place as Louis held his daughter close and said,

Louis (dad): "I'm sorry that you had to hear that sweet pea. Your papa is just a little on edge today with all these offers."

Little Lilly: "It's ok papa, I understand, mama did always say 'if you work too much, hair might fall out of your head!'"

Louis (dad): "*chuckles softly* You know that mama is right, it's just *sighs* I just don't know if it's ok with you. New York is just a big city with big people and I'm not sure if it's something you want."