𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

know the drill

know the drill. more comments = faster updates

.

.

ANNA ROSLYA was a beautiful woman. She was tall, slender, yet the muscles in her back rippled when she moved. She hardly smiled, but her eyes glinted with mirth when she found something particularly amusing. And she was Y/n L/n's bodyguard.

"Your family has served my family for a long time. I doubt that I will have to give you a talk on loyalty, but should any harm befall upon the male before you, you will have to answer to me."

Anna nodded her head, and cast a swift, fleeting glance at Y/n. Her eyes twinkled with curiosity—despite the hard line her lips were pressed into, she seemed friendly enough. Y/n breathed a sigh of relief.

"I have never seen the Tsar act like this," Anna's voice was svelte yet clipped, "you are his new lover? His beloved?"

The two were walking down the hallway. After eating the meal that Andrei had served him, Y/n had quickly excused himself—and thankfully, the Tsar seemed to also have matters to attend to. With them, Bizet's Carmen played.

"...Ah," Y/n paused. He contemplated his words—what should he say? That they were long time friends? That Y:n was a victim? That they were truly lovers? No, that wasn't it. And Andrei's affections would soon disappear, like all things did. Love and Russian Mafia did not belong in the same sentence. "...no, I am not. I am sure this is just temporary, Madam."

"Anna," The bodyguard supplied, "I have a name, so use it. There is no need to tiptoe around me."

"Anna," Y/n fixed his answer, and he offered a polite smile. "Thank you for...agreeing to this."

"There are very few people who can say no to that man." Anna said wryly, "if I had to be honest, I could have said no—I am the strongest assassin known in Russia—but...well, he seemed awfully fervent in his desire to have me as your bodyguard. The second best in Russia is a man."

Y/n blinked for a second, before he gave a lengthy sigh. "He told you about my...taste, I'm assuming."

There were certain people who were not the most friendly to those who liked people of the same sex. Some viewed them as dirty, impure, tainted. Of course, they would not dare to touch Andrei, for he was the ruler and the mighty, but one could easily break him. Y/n, to a certain extent, knew how to fight, but in the face of assassination attempts, poison, he was utterly hopeless.

"Oh, there's nothing wrong with that, Y/n," Anna chuckled. "Nothing wrong at all. At home my beautiful lover awaits me. I miss the smell of the food she cooks—you should try it one day, Y/n, it's the food of the gods. Exquisite, divine. I had one condition when I agreed to work for you: it was that I would be permitted to return home every few days to see my love. It was because I had no doubt this wouldn't be a temporary position. Do you see the way he looks at you? Why would his affections ever wane?"