⤻ 03

April 1st, 2019.

───────•°••°•───────

The soft rap of knuckles against the wooden door stirred Rina from her slumber, pulling her from the depths of sleep to the dawning light of a new day. With a groan, she rolled over in her bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she glanced blearily at the clock on her bedside table. It was early, far too early for her liking, but duty called, and Rina knew she couldn't afford to waste any more time.

⟡⋆.˚❀⋆.˚⟡

⟡⋆.˚❀⋆.˚⟡

Pushing herself upright, she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and padded across the room to answer the door. As she pulled it open, she was greeted by the sight of Yaga Masamichi, standing in the hallway with a warm smile on his weathered face.

"Good morning, Nakamura," Masamichi greeted her, his voice soft but firm. "I hope I'm not disturbing you, but I wanted to catch you before breakfast. There's something important I need to discuss with you."

Rina blinked in surprise, her mind still foggy with sleep as she tried to process Masamichi's words. "Of course," she replied, straightening up and giving him a respectful nod. "What do you need?"

Masamichi's smile widened at her question, his eyes crinkling at the corners as he gestured for her to step out into the hallway. "Come with me," he said, his tone gentle but authoritative. "We have a busy morning ahead of us."

Curiosity piqued, Rina followed Masamichi out of her room and into the quiet hallway, the soft echo of their footsteps mingling with the hushed sounds of morning. As they walked, Masamichi explained that he had arranged for Rina to have her school uniform customized to fit her properly before her first day of classes.

"It's important that you feel comfortable and confident in your uniform, Nakamura," Yaga explained as they made their way down the hallway. "A well-fitted uniform is not only a reflection of your dedication to your studies but also a symbol of your commitment to our school."

Rina nodded in understanding, grateful for Masamichi's thoughtfulness and attention to detail. Despite the early hour, she felt a surge of excitement building within her as she contemplated the day ahead. With Masamichi's guidance, she knew that she would be well-prepared for whatever challenges awaited her at Jujutsu High.

As they reached the end of the hallway, Masamichi paused and turned to face Rina, his expression serious but kind. "I'll leave you to get ready, Nakamura," he said, his voice soft but firm. "Meet me in the main foyer in thirty minutes, and we'll head to the tailor together."

With a final nod of acknowledgment, Rina watched as Masamichi turned and disappeared down the hallway, his footsteps fading into the distance. Left alone in the quiet hallway, she couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation stirring within her.