Chapter 58: Deadly Secrets

[DEADLY SECRETS]"look at me baby, dead in my eyes,it's the end of our holiday, but it isn't goodbye"

[DEADLY SECRETS]
"look at me baby, dead in my eyes,
it's the end of our holiday, but it isn't goodbye"

Song: Famous Last Words (An Ode to Eaters) - Ethel Cain

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

The walk to Beacon Hills was long but not bad. Aaliyah had an awful headache left over, and her body ached but it wasn't so bad she couldn't ignore it. Malia was actually really cool and fun to talk to. She told Aaliyah how her dad sent her to Eichen because she thought it would help her come to terms with losing her family and then all the time she lost in the woods. Aaliyah made sure Malia knew that once things settled down she would have a friend group to fall back on, though she wouldn't be apart of it, she was sure Scott would happily welcome her. Aaliyah also apologized for wrecking the life Malia had but said she didn't regret it because Malia deserved a family.

After they took what they found to Scott and Aaliyah brought Malia home, she went home herself. She nervously walked up the path to her house trying to come up with what she was gonna say, she didn't know how much her mother knew. She raised her hand up to knock, hesitating before actually doing it. Usually she'd use her keys but she didn't have them anymore. Immediately after she knocked the door opened. Aaliyah smiled as relief washed over her at the sight of her brother. He looked surprised and just as relieved to see her. Aaliyah wrapped her arms Liam brining him into a hug, which was immediately reciprocated. "I thought you left with Tommy?"

"What?" Aaliyah pulled away from the hug and looked up at her mother who was walking towards them. Whatever her mother knew she had lied to Liam about it, letting him believe she would leave him. "Mom." Aaliyah spoke flatly trying to hide the anger seething in her. Her mother seemed very surprised to see her, much more so than Liam had been.

"Where the hell have you been? You can't just leave for three days!" She scolded, her arms crossed and feet planted to the ground in a steady stance that said she was prepared for any argument.

"I- I didn't mean to." Aaliyah tried to come up with an excuse. She knew of all kinds of words and questions and accusations she could throw, or scream, at her mother but none she was prepared to do in front of Liam. "Where's tío?" She asked taking one step further into the house.

"Your uncle left. He had some business elsewhere to take care of." Reese explained coldly. "He said you were going with him. That you didn't want to be here anymore."

"I um," Aaliyah thought for a moment, what her play here was. "I was. But I changed my mind. I didn't want to leave Liam."

Reese nodded, almost in approval. Liam seemed confused and a bit hurt as he asked Aaliyah a question. "Why'd you leave at all?"