•Chapter Three: A Surprise Visitor•

TRIGGER WARNING FOR THIS CHAPTER: Discussion of mental health issues, implied home abuse, flashbacks. 

    You woke the next morning with a stretch and a yawn, but when you opened your eyes you panicked for a brief moment. Where were you? Did you get kidnapped??? But then you remembered the events of yesterday; the fight with Bliss, your narrow escape from death, and Leon letting you crash where you are now.

    Yeah, a bit had happened overnight. With a groan, you got out of bed.

[•]___...2 Weeks Later..___[•]

    "Hey [Y/n]! I- I made lunch for us!" You jumped up from the couch, Leon's cooking was to die for and you were starving. After two weeks of living with your bestie you'd grown more accustomed, but it was still a lovely experience.

    You made it to the kitchen and greeted your friend. Hey Lee! What did'ja make?" He replied, "I got some avocado chicken salad, I hope it's alright..!" You smiled and thanked him profusely. 

    As you were sitting at the table, you thought about the last couple of weeks. To say it was a bit difficult was an understatement. 

    For one, the whole process of cutting off Bliss was unimaginably strenuous, yet relieving in the end. Then there was getting used to this new life with Leon. It was really nice living with someone who genuinely cared about you, but even so, the sudden shift in schedule was quite stressful. Luckily it was getting easier as time went on.

    You snapped out of it when Leon said, "Here we go!" and set down a dish in front of him and yourself. 

    "Yay! Thank you!!" You cheered happily, and dug into the fresh meal. Yeah, you were definitely getting accustomed. 

[•]___...About 30 Minutes Later...___[•]

    After listening to some [Favorite Songwriter] and browsing through your favorite fanfic site, Jottpad, you decided to go out for a walk. It was a relatively nice day out, and the post-extermination-turf-war-genocides were calming down by now, so why not?

    You popped on a comfortable cardigan and breathed a relaxed sigh out of your lungs, and through your speakers. You said a quick goodbye to Leon (who may or may not have protested out of concern for your safety) and headed out the door.

    When you walked out on the streets, you sometimes enjoyed listening to the gossip of nearby sinners. Like, for example, this time around you heard a rando ranting about how his ex-wife got him sent to hell, and a blonde girlie with a snazzy red suit excitedly talking to another sinner who was notably missing an eye about a hotel she wanted to start. Say, the blonde girl looks kinda familiar..?

    Anyway, it was interesting. 

    You passed by an...  "adult" club donning a flashing sign labeled "CONSENT," and a couple other interesting buildings along your walk. For a stroll through the streets of Hell, it was quite relaxing.

    Your relaxation, however, was interrupted by a short imp sporting a knife pinning you against a building. Yeah, you probably should've seen this coming.

    Shit.

    "Cough up some money, bitch, or I'll drive this fuckin' thing into your- fuck, uh, is that a fuckin' screen? Weird cunt- GACK-!" You interrupted the assault with a punch to that dipshit's face. But before you could spit on his unconscious body, "Oh you piece of shit! I was gonna let ya' live, but now yer' fuckin' done-"