•Chapter Five: Texts•

TW FOR THIS CHAPTER: DISCUSSIONS OF ABUSE

    When you entered the house after your walk, you looked like you'd seen a ghost. Leon ran to you, concerned, when you fell on the couch.

    "A- are you ok? You look like a m- mess. Did you get jumped or hurt?" He put his hand on your shoulder but awkwardly avoided eye contact

    You were mostly fine but just a little bewildered from the encounter, so you replied, "No Lee, I'm fine, don't worry.. it was just kinda a long walk." He seemed suspicious but didn't wanna press. He reminded you to take care of yourself before allowing you your space.

...... 

   You, exhausted, plopped down on your bed and rolled up in your comforter. Images of today rolled through your mind vividly and you began to feel anxiety thinking about having to talk to Lute again. As long as you played along you were like, eighty percent sure you'd be safe, but it was still a nerve-wracking situation to be in.

    In the time being you weren't quite ready, so you decided to scroll through Sinstagram for a bit. There were a bunch of bland posts; some girl named Becky killed her ex, the Greed Ring raised their Fizz doll prices again, a lot of typical stuff. At least it could help you forget the inevitable chore you'd have to do sometime this week.

Bzzt.

    A notification appeared at the top of your screen from your XMessage app. It simply read, "sinner."

    Then, another popped up! This one read, "talk to me. i know i said you could do it anytime this week but i'm bored."

    You reflexively clicked the notification, but then froze; now you had to reply right now since you'd read the message. Shit.

    'Fuck, what do I say? I'm not ready! Crap just say something-'

You: Hey, afternoon!

You: Wait does Heaven have a different time zone?

You: Uh, good whatever time it is.

You: How are you doing?

Perfect, not awkward at all!

Lute: same time zone. and i'm doing okay.

Lute: you?

    Was she asking how you were doing? To you that seems odd, and out of character for her... but then again, this fanfic wouldn't get anywhere without OOC moments.

You: I'm doing alright!! Thank you for asking haha

You: Is there anything specific you're texting me about this time? 😓

    You already know what she was about to say, but secretly hoped it would somehow be for something else.

Lute: you know what, sinner.

    Shit.

You: I'm sorry, I don't know if I'm ready. Can you maybe give me a bit..?

You: Hello?