Zoo Day - Part 1

February 22, 2024

Travis POV:
Taylor and I decided that even though it might be difficult for her to get used to the time change this is something we wanted to do. So me and our 2 year old daughter Esme are on the plane currently to Australia along with my good friend and Esme's uncle Ross Travis. We had originally planned on leaving Esme in the care of my mom or Andrea however when we brought up the idea to her thay Mommy and Daddy would be gone for 3 weeks she was not on board. Also we just decided that we didn't want to be away from our baby for that long so here we are! About to land in Sydney, Australia.
"Okay Esme" I say, taking off her baby headphones so she can hear me. Usually we're not into letting her sit on screens for so long but when it's a 20 hour plane ride we let her do whatever to keep her happy.
"Yes dada" she says looking up at me with her big blue eyes.
"So now that the plane has landed we are gonna get off and get in the car to go to the hotel to see mommy!"
"Mommy!! Yayyyy I miss mommy!" She says instantly getting excited.
"I know you do baby and I miss mommy too!" I say with a smirk and then I hear a Ross go
"Alright buddy save that for when you two are alone, not in front of the baby." He says laughing.
"Shut up" I say laughing and go back to talking to Esme.
"I'm gonna get my bag and you need to get your backpack and then we will get off the plane" I say gathering all her stuff making sure she didn't forget anything...especially her Lovey cause we would not survive this trip without it.
"I walk dada" she says as I put on her cute horse plush backpack. She heard from Andrea how her mom lived on a farm and now she's obsessed with animals.
"No girlie, the stairs are steep and I don't want you to fall so I'm gonna carry you." Her little face turns into a pout and I can sense a tantrum forming but it's just because she didn't sleep well.
"Noooooo daddy" I immediately bring up the worst cause which I know Taylor hates when I do that but I'm just not in the mood for a tantrum after being on a plane for that long.
"Esme if you walk you can fall and get hurt. Do you wanna fall?"
"No" she said, looking down and holding her hands up for me to pick her up. I grab my bag and her and head off the plane. Luckily there are no paparazzi that I can see so I don't have to worry about that. I walk down the stairs of the jet with Ross behind me and we get in the car. I buckle Esme in her seat and she asks
"Daddy I listen to mommy" this means she wants to listen to Taylor's music which we both think is adorable. We've made her different playlists based on her mood so some have songs that calm her like Never Grow Up, Marjorie, Long Live, The Best Day, etc. As well as ones she likes to dance too like Bejeweled, Shake It Off, Paper Rings, etc. For this purpose I'm gonna give her a playlist with calming songs in hopes she will sleep. As soon as I turn it on she instantly relaxes in her car seat.
"Tank you daddy" she says with her pacifier in her mouth. We know she is a bit old but she loves it and we don't wanna mess with her and the pacifier especially during all the crazy traveling.
"You're welcome baby" I say, placing a kiss on her forehead brushing her messy curls out of her face. Let's just say I don't know how to do her hair as well as Taylor so that's something I gotta work on. Ross and I are talking and before he know it he goes
"Trav look" pointing towards Esme.
"Aww I knew she would be out as soon as she heard Tay's voice." I said smiling. After about an hour we arrived at the hotel where Taylor is staying. We get driven in the back garage so we don't have to worry about paparazzi or anything. Luckily Ezy slept the whole car ride but I know she's gonna either be wide awake when we see Tay or just wanna be held by her.
"Okay Travis we're here" I hear the driver say. And he stops the car.

Part 2 coming soon...
A/N: I know I had plans for different chapters but after seeing all the new adorable zoo pics I couldn't resist writing one about that. So here's part 1 and the next part will be coming shortly with Thor actually all content :) I hope you enjoyed it!