Day 1

June 15, 2012

Finally getting off the plane I'm met with the cool air of the airport.

Pulling out my phone I call my mom.

She picks up on the first ring. 

"Hi sweetie are you at the house?" "No I just got off the plane I'm waiting for my luggage." "Remember what we talked about." "Yeah yeah, don't make weird faces and take care of grandma, I still don't get why I had to come. Cat isn't even gonna be doing anything just vlogging. I wanted to spend this summer with my friends."

"I know sweetie, it's just your grandma is in the house all by herself."

"Why couldn't you go instead then?"

"Hannah"  you know me and your grandma aren't very close, plus you've always been her favorite. 

"So you say, anyways I've gotta go mom I think I see her." "Bye sweetie I love you."  "Mhmm."

Walking to the gate I see people greeting their families with posters and gifts, scanning the crowd for  I feel a tap on my shoulder. Turning around I notice it's a guy who looks a bit older than me. "H-Hello" he stutters a bit, bowing I bow back. "Are you P-Park Ha-na"

"Um yes" smiling he takes out a piece of paper from his pocket :my name is Ha-joon your grandma asked me to pick you up from the airport." "Oh, ok" He grabs my suitcase and bag. 

"It's ok I can do it" I say taking the bag from him "No please let me" he says taking it back and begins walking towards the exit.

Ok then

I get in the car sitting in the passenger seat. After putting the suitcase in the trunk he gets in and begins driving. We make small talk on our way there, but it's mainly him stuttering trying to speak in english and me nodding or replying by saying yes or no.

Debating on whether or not I should tell him I speak Korean that way he won't have to keep trying to speak english to me deciding on listening to music instead I put my earbuds in. 

We soon arrive at the house, Ha-joon puts my luggage inside and informs me that my grandma is at her bookclub meeting. I thank him for helping me and with that he leaves. 

I explore the house remembering a few things that were here the last time I was here. Which was 10 years ago. Bringing my suitcase into where I presume is my room I began unpacking. I eventually get bored and start reading my magazines with one ear bud in my ear.

10 minutes later

I hear a commotion outside the room thinking it's my grandma, I get up off the bed to go greet her, opening my door I call out to her

"할머니" (Grandma).....no response. I call her again still no response. I take out the earbud out of my ear and call out to her again 할머니 하나예요 (Grandma it's Ha-na)

Getting a bit nervous I grab the bat from the side of my door. 

There's no way it's a intruder or robber.  

I try to convince myself

Maybe it's Ha-joon. He probably forgot something I walk down the stairs slowly.

Not taking any chance I raise my bat gripping it tightly.

Continuing to walk down the stairs slowly. I pause the minute I hear low whispers, sounding like more than one voices.

What the heck did someone actually break in. They messed with the wrong house.

Reaching the last step, I take a deep breath, gripping the bat even harder I swing.... hard.

Thank you all so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed the first page.

Please ignore the grammar mistakes if you come across any  🙏🏿