Day 1 Part 2

I had shut my eyes tight, but after swinging I was met with a groan and quickly open my eyes to see a guy holding another one up presumably the one I had just hit.

I realize I can't leave through the front door cause they're blocking it. Suddenly someone comes up from behind yanking the bat out of my hand

What the- 

Turning around I'm met with a guy wayyy taller than me, our eyes meet and not wasting another moment I kick him in his shin. 

I run towards the kitchen. 

잠깐... 잠깐만요 (Wait...hold on) one of them calls out to me

Not looking back I continue to rummage through the drawers looking for a weapon. I come across a knife, placing it on the counter I look for something that's a bit less murderous. Hearing one of them walk up to me I quickly look for something to defend myself the only think my eyes land on is a bucket full of water. 

실례합니다 (Excuse me) one of them place there hand on my shoulder. Taking my chances I turn around and throw the water on him. "Who the heck are you people!?" I yell throwing the bucket at him, running back upstairs. I lock my door pushing my drawer in front of it. I grab my phone off the bed and sit. Dialing 911. 

Realizing that's not the police's number in South Korea I try to think and remember. What was it again?

Realizing I have a small journal full of emergency numbers, I make my way towards my suitcase throwing and grabbing everything that's not the journal out of it.  

Hoping I didn't leave it back home, I finally find it. I quickly flip through it with shaking hands until I find the police number 112. 

I dial the number into my phone trying to steady my breathing. 

하나 하나 둘, 무슨 긴급상황이야? (112, what's your emergency?) "H-Hello, there are intruders in my house"

잠시만 기다려 주시면 통역사를 연결해 드리겠습니다. (One moment I'll connect you with an interpreter.) 

아니요! 통역사는 필요하지 않습니다. 한국어를 할 수 있습니다. (No! I don't need an interpreter I speak Korean.) 우리 집에 침입자가 있어요 (There are intruders in my house)

주소는 무엇입니까? (What's the address) I tell her the address and she stays on the line with me. My phone eventually dies. I curse under my breath. 

That's when I realize I don't hear anything anymore.

Deciding against opening my door I continue to stay sitting in my position, waiting for the police to arrive.

10 minutes later

I hear voices downstairs again, then footsteps coming up the stairs . i hold my breath in hoping it's the police. 

I hear light knocks on my door. 안녕하세요 부산경찰서입니다. 이 집에 침입자가 있다는 전화를 받았습니다. (Hello, this is the Busan Police. We received a phone call stating there were intruders in this house.)

*Knocks again*

거기 누구 있어요? (Is there anyone in there)

Yes- I mean 응, 전화한 사람은 나야 (yes, I'm the one who called)

아래층 사람들이...침입자인가요? (The people downstairs...are they the intruders?)

예 (Yes) 당신이 누구인지 물어봐도 될까요? (May I ask who you are?) 저는 이 집 주인의 소녀입니다. (I'm the granddaughter of the owner of this house) 

아 그렇습니까, 순희어머니 손녀이시군요. 우리 모두는 당신에 대해 너무 많이 들었습니다. (Oh is that so, you must be Mother Sun-Hee's granddaughter. We've all heard so much about you.)

오, 진짜 (Oh, really) 문 좀 열어주시겠어요? (Do you mind opening the door please?)

Is it actually the police  ID card under the doorway and it looks legitimate. Right as I'm about to open the door I hear a familiar voice.

도대체 무슨 일이 벌어지고 있는 걸까요?! (WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE)

It's Grandma