Chapter 1

Isabella's POV
"Girls, it's New Year's Eve. Enough lounging around." Our mother calls as she walks into the lodge's lounging area, snatching my sketchbook from my hands. The three of us, me, Gabriella, and Amelia were scattered across the sofas engrossed in our own hobbies. Gabriella was as always, deep into one of her books and Amelia was sketching in her journal, probably designing more clothes like usual. And as for me, I was also sketching in my own sketchbook of some of the people who had caught my eye when they walked by.
"But mom, I'm almost done!" I pleaded as I reach out for the sketchbook.
"The teen party? I've laid out y'all's best clothes. Come get ready." Mom said, earning groans from the three of us as we reluctantly stood up.
"Can I have my sketchbook back?" I asked pleadingly.
"Come on." Mom beckoned us as she returned my sketchbook.
"Thank you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Troy's POV
"Keep working left, Troy. Got a guard in the championship game we're expecting. You'll torch 'em!" Coach Bolton orders as he and his son are playing a practice match of basketball.
"Am I going left?" I ask as I stand in-front of my father with my back facing him, as I  contemplate what move to do next.
"Yeah. He looks middle you take it downtown."
"Okay, like this?" I ask before I fake right and brake left, shooting the ball right into the net.
"That's it man. Sweet. Let's see that in the game." Dad congratulates.
"Boys?"
"Don't worry about me." We continue, not noticing my mom entering the small gym.
"Did we really fly all this way to play more basketball?" Mom asks as she has finally gained our attention. Me and dad look at each other and back to my mom before nodding our heads and simultaneously saying...
"Yeah."
"It's the last night of vacation. The party remember?" Mom reminds as she does a small spin to help get her point across.
"Right, the party. The party New Year's Eve!" Dad remembers as he nods along with mom.
"Troy, they have a kids party downstairs in the Freestyle Club." She informs.
"Kids party?" I ask as I have to take a double take on what my mother just said. Which earns a slight snicker from my father as he passes the basket ball back to me.
"Young adults. Now go, shower up." Mom corrects and ushers me to get a move on.
"Come on. One more." I plead before I have to attend a stupid kids party that I don't even want to be apart of.
"Last one."
"Real quick." Me and dad plead. Which earns a sigh from mom as she reluctantly agrees. We then return back to our previous game. I jump up into the air and shoot a perfect basket as Dad attempts to intercept it but fails to do so.
"There we go."
"That's the way to end it." We cheer as we begin to clean up and head off to the showers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Isabella's POV
"Hurry up you two!" Amelia ushers as she drags me and Gabriella into the Freestyle club for the Teen New Year's party. We have to dodge around and slither through the groups of dancing teens as Amelia recklessly pulls us towards one of the sofas.
"We're coming! We're coming!" I call out as we arrive at the sofa. The three of us take a seat and resumed what we had been doing before hand.
"All right! How about that for a couple snowboarders?" The announcer spoke into the microphone as he congratulated the two previous singers before he ushered them off stage which earned a round of applause and cheers from the audience.
"Who's gonna rock the house next? Huh?" The guy spoke into the mic as he looked around the room. Suddenly it became very bright all around me. Wait. What was happening?! I looked up from my sketchbook to see a spotlight on me and everyone was staring at me and one other boy. BUT they were staring at ME! I couldn't even finish my thoughts because Amelia shoved me out of my seat with a smirk, making me drop my sketchbook.
"W-wait. No,no,no,no,no I can't sing!" I ranted as a few people pushed me and the other boy onto the stage.
"Look, I don't sing, I can't sing. No guys-" The boy exclaimed as he was pushed onto the stage with me.
"Hey, you know what? Someday you guys might thank me for this...Or not." The announcer finishes as he hands the boy the other mic. At some point in this moment I failed to notice Amelia pulling out her video camera that she miraculously had with her and started filming me and the boy as she stood next to Gabriella. But I of course didn't notice because I was too busy freaking out! I wrapped my arms around my waist to provide myself with some sort of comfort as music began to play from the speakers. My heart was thumping so loudly that I feared it might fly right out of my chest. A second later the boy began to sing...